Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Pro Am Builds For 2k19 (/forums/showthread.php?t=937406)

kdurantmvp 08-22-2018 11:35 AM

Pro Am Builds For 2k19

So assuming that builds are somewhat the same beside minor differences, what builds will your team be consisted of?

I know I'm running with a Shot-creating post scorer and one teammate is going with a defending point forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shawnydee 08-22-2018 11:39 AM

Re: Pro Am Builds For 2k19

Im going with either a sg or sf with pure shot creator or shot creator primary secondary not sure yet

Sent from my SM-G950W using Operation Sports mobile app

CBAT 08-22-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdurantmvp (Post 2049487818)
So assuming that builds are somewhat the same beside minor differences, what builds will your team be consisted of?

I know I'm running with a Shot-creating post scorer and one teammate is going with a defending point forward.

2nd is primary

PG - play, shot 6’5-6’7 (ME)
SG - shot, sharp 6’3
SF - sharp, defender 6’8
PF - Pure rebounder 6’10-6’11
C - don’t have one, we have another SG/SF, so when we play, will probably go small ball.

I was a “shot, play” this year, but team could use some more offense, so I’m flipping it, especially with our wing player going from “slashing sharp” to “sharp, defender” to try and bolster our defense.

I was 6’7 this year, but I’m afraid of losing speed as the PG by flipping the build, so I may go smaller, like 6’5.

kdurantmvp 08-22-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBAT (Post 2049487847)
2nd is primary

PG - play, shot 6’5-6’7 (ME)
SG - shot, sharp 6’3
SF - sharp, defender 6’8
PF - Pure rebounder 6’10-6’11
C - don’t have one, we have another SG/SF, so when we play, will probably go small ball.

I was a “shot, play” this year, but team could use some more offense, so I’m flipping it, especially with our wing player going from “slashing sharp” to “sharp, defender” to try and bolster our defense.

I was 6’7 this year, but I’m afraid of losing speed as the PG by flipping the build, so I may go smaller, like 6’5.

Assuming it's the same stats, a primary shot creator and secondary playmaker say 6'7 have good speed. I didn't feel slow with that player

CBAT 08-22-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdurantmvp (Post 2049487872)
Assuming it's the same stats, a primary shot creator and secondary playmaker say 6'7 have good speed. I didn't feel slow with that player

Nice, did you run point or play on the wing?

Vic_Clancy 08-22-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBAT (Post 2049487847)

In 2K18, a 6'7 shot play, and play shot had very similar speed (83 to 82, respectively), speed with ball (84 to 80), and accelation (84 to 81). Dropping the play shot to 6'6 actually has them pass the 6'7 shot, play in all the above categories, except speed with ball, which is tied at 84.... of course all these are max stats, so who knows where it will be at any given overall.

I usually only run with 2 other friends. I'm probably switching from a PG, to a 6'7 SG two-way, shot. My boy is likely going 6'10 SF, shot, slash. Our third is probably going 7'0, C athletic, post. Our occasional 4th, runs SG Slash/sharp

It was a pretty good mix in 2k18, with me running the 1 and distributing the ball. Making my primary bigger and defensive for park purposes though. Encouraged that it may be easier to have multiple builds.

Thrustie 08-22-2018 01:42 PM

I don’t have a team but I’m going to do a Rebounding Athletic Finisher. I’m still undecided on height. I’d like to do 6’11 or 7 foot but I’m not confident that 2K will nerf max size so i’ll probably end up at 7’3.

CBAT 08-22-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic_Clancy (Post 2049487972)
In 2K18, a 6'7 shot play, and play shot had very similar speed (83 to 82, respectively), speed with ball (84 to 80), and accelation (84 to 81). Dropping the play shot to 6'6 actually has them pass the 6'7 shot, play in all the above categories, except speed with ball, which is tied at 84.... of course all these are max stats, so who knows where it will be at any given overall.

I usually only run with 2 other friends. I'm probably switching from a PG, to a 6'7 SG two-way, shot. My boy is likely going 6'10 SF, shot, slash. Our third is probably going 7'0, C athletic, post. Our occasional 4th, runs SG Slash/sharp

It was a pretty good mix in 2k18, with me running the 1 and distributing the ball. Making my primary bigger and defensive for park purposes though. Encouraged that it may be easier to have multiple builds.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I definitely think I’ll go 6’6 then just to pick up that bit of extra speed.