Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Years in franchise (/forums/showthread.php?t=937778)

lakerhater 08-27-2018 01:35 PM

Years in franchise

How many years you go into your franchise? I find myself really enjoying having to fill spots as the years go on. I just wish I could change my role from owner to coach

saintrules 08-27-2018 03:01 PM

Re: Years in franchise

I usually go from 5-15 years. I find under five years the results are usually predetermined as the strong teams at the moment maintain their strength for a bit. It's not till year six that the AI's moves from the previous five years really comes into play. Also, no matter if you're rebuilding, coasting, or a dynasty, the five year mark usually starts a new path.

Beyond 15 gets kinda weird, especially when you see Dak Prescott has played for six different franchises across that time period. Not to start another complainy thread, but you get my point.

The most fun I've had in Madden is usually around year 6 or 7 when all the work I did in year 1-5 really comes into play. I love watching guys I drafted in 2018/2019 develop into stud muffins and become the face of the league, it's so satisfying. On the flip, I also love when I decide to forgo resigning someone, draft a guy or pickup a FA, and they bust/get injured.

lakerhater 08-27-2018 03:16 PM

I have really ripped thru seasons with Philly, in year 4 but may begin from scratch.since I’m sure there’s decent draft classes out now and such. It would be very strange to see Dak like that 😂😂

timhere1970 08-27-2018 04:29 PM

I get somewhere around year 20. Sim most games now. Currently in year 4 of my steeler franchise. Ju ju is the bomb now. Started young so could challenge rice if i get that far. Once i hit about year 20 8 can't keep interest as i know i will not be able to see my draftees play out their career.

BaselineBakes 08-27-2018 09:04 PM

Years in franchise

For me the further along I get, the more invested I become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JagdReaper 08-27-2018 11:48 PM

Longest i went that i can remember was on Madden 17 for 8 1/2 seasons as the Browns (later the London Black Knights). But my usual is between 2 to 4 years.

sccavs64 08-28-2018 11:24 AM

I like to re-build bad teams, and then generally once I win a Super Bowl, I start a new one. For some reason the urge to continue playing with the same team goes away once I win a SB, but I may be alone on that.

Shosum13 08-28-2018 11:38 AM

Last year I played quite a few years in to my franchise with the Lions, I think it was like 9 or 10 years. Once it got to the point where the league was mostly generated players I lost interest. Now with custom draft classes I feel like I may be able to play even further on in a CFM.