Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K19 Gameplay Blog with Plenty of Gameplay Videos (via @Da_Czar) (/forums/showthread.php?t=938305)

Steve_OS 09-04-2018 01:33 PM

NBA 2K19 Gameplay Blog with Plenty of Gameplay Videos (via @Da_Czar)

Hello NBA 2K basketball fans I am Nino Samuel and I am an AI producer for...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

tcnumba10 09-04-2018 01:38 PM

Re: NBA 2K19 Gameplay Blog - Now with videos

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_OS (Post 2049512168)

Hockey Line changes still evident. But I like the various offensive sets the CPU opposition was running, except that Houston was calling a lot of plays for Melo and not utilizing CP3/Harden enough. Some roster editing is needed.

Goffs 09-04-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcnumba10 (Post 2049512179)
Hockey Line changes still evident. But I like the various offensive sets the CPU opposition was running, except that Houston was calling a lot of plays for Melo and not utilizing CP3/Harden enough. Some roster editing is needed.

This was addressed by Czar in one of the threads. ACE is not set up yet since the season has yet to start with Melo. Once the season is in full swing it will be updated accordingly.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Da_Czar 09-04-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Melo had a positional mismatch the system will naturally direct more offense to him especially if he heats up.

kolanji 09-04-2018 01:53 PM

Wow never thought i would hear from Nino Samuel AKA Da_Czar nice to read up gameplay coming from this man with such a high Basketball IQ ...i look forward to his write since he hoped on board VC team

"This year we are thrilled to introduce our pick and roll smart switch AI module. The module allows the AI to immediately recognize and switch on the ball-screen and then evaluate if the ball-handler or screener have a mismatch." LOVE THIS

it goes a bit further

"Our smart switch pick and roll module changes the way casual users are able to engage our game. While it was built for the AI, we also allow it to trigger for users. The spacing for an isolation or a post-up happens automatically so there are no buttons to press, or actions you need to take."

i must say that the extracted above section i have seen myself playing the prelude and man o man ..i must say this made me so happy ....it works even when the user is one of the defenders either the iniatial on ball defender or the defender on the screener...

the AI is smarter to realise if u decided to stay at home on original assignment or if u switched ..the AI recognises this and make the adjustment really quickly, unlike last year many times the results were frustrating when both u and the AI during pick and roll were in a constant struggle to effectively defend pick n roll causing easy roll to the basket or leaving the shooter open

bigmike0077 09-04-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

I have seen a few Gameplay videos, sometimes they sub out 2 sometimes they sub out 4. i think it all depends.

RyanFitzmagic 09-04-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da_Czar (Post 2049512187)
Melo had a positional mismatch the system will naturally direct more offense to him especially if he heats up.

What if a player has a mismatch, but that mismatch still isn't as good an option as other players on the floor without a mismatch?

Like, Klay could have a point guard on him, but a Klay Thompson post up, even against a mismatch, isn't a good enough play for the offense to drop everything and go to it consistently (IMO).

T.B 09-04-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic (Post 2049512222)
What if a player has a mismatch, but that mismatch still isn't as good an option as other players on the floor without a mismatch?

Like, Klay could have a point guard on him, but a Klay Thompson post up, even against a mismatch, isn't a good enough play for the offense to drop everything and go to it consistently (IMO).

But GSW does give klay the ball in situations like that