Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   The ArkanSaw's Madden 19 Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=939183)

The ArkanSaw 09-12-2018 02:27 PM

The ArkanSaw's Madden 19 Sliders

Hello OS!

Been on a 4 year Anti-EA hunger strike but i'm back in the lab. I've been going hard in the slider game since the NCAA days, always tuning each element until i see pure, no bull**** football action. Have been lurking the slider boards after the death of NCAA and the community here has become solid. Props to the slider makers and testers. Lord knows how much time goes into correcting issues that are hard coded into a game, but the fight rages on!

With that out the way, I present my Magnum Opus, my personal virtual NFL football experience, to add to an already great list of sliders on the board. Every slider set offers it's pro's and con's, so it's up to you to find one that suits your personal play style the most, while also having realistic stats.The the goal is to make the game as life like as possible, while retaining the fun that video games should provide. I aim to accomplish that with this slider set. I'm confident that this set will provide a solid base for anyone looking for some simulation football.

Lets get into it!

10/24/18 Update*

Game Options:

Difficulty: All-Pro

- Wanted a balanced base to work from without the added boost to the CPU AI on All-Madden

Game Speed: Fast
Game Style: Simulation
Quarter Length: 15 minutes
Play Clock Time: 13 seconds

Ballhawk:Off
Heatseeker:Off
Defensive Switch Assist: OFF

- We're looking for 120-130 plays per game. Lower play clock allows for more delay of games and less line adjustments on the user side.

Injuries: 10

Fatigue: 55

- Calibrated fatigue settings to align with Auto-subs.

Speed Threshold: 80* (New 60)

-Putting the threshold at 60 allows the slowest QB in the league (Brady) to still be his usual slowness, ALONG with the potential of a 1 point speed drop because of fatigue throughout a game.

Upping the Threshold to 60 still allows there to be a class of "Very slow" players.

65 threshold would boost Brady's speed from a 61 to a 65, which is what we want to avoid.

At 70+ Speed thresholds, you could scramble at a decent rate with Brady which would completely break the game.

Auto Subs: (OUT/IN) *Main Menu Also*

Offense:

QB: 0/1
RB: 97/99
WR: 40/45
FB/TE: 40/45
OL: 35/40

Defense:

DE: 97/98
DT: 97/98
LB: 80/85
CB: 40/45
S: 35/40

Sliders: (User/CPU)

QB Accuracy: 25/60

Averaged all the QB accuracy ratings and came to 76.333, i flipped this on the QB accuracy scale and now im currently sitting at 24. Definitely loving this setting as of now.

Pass Blocking: 35/35

- Most important thing here was to keep the sack totals in line with league average while also lowering time in the pocket. You need to be able to go from your first read to your second and third. Sitting back and cherry picking the pass defense is not an option unless you have a great O-Line. Making line adjustments pre-snap is vital towards success in the passing game.

WR Catching: 50/55

- The average drop rate is around 3%. 3% of passes should be dropped but with lower settings you can easily see that increase to 10-20%. This slider won't make Cole Beasley into Antonio Brown, but it takes away from some of the silly drops that happen too frequently throughout a game with a lower setting. 45 allows guys like Odell or Brown to at least sometimes drop a wide open pass throughout the course of a season.

Run Blocking: 30/80

- Nice running lanes and and good upfield blocking. Pick a hole and burst through.

85 for the CPU allows the Offensive line to neutralize the block shed of most D-lineman, which will allow them to get past the LOS more before being tackled.

Fumbles: 55

Pass Defense Reaction time: 100

Interceptions: 55

Pass Coverage: 45

- Revamped my whole approach with these coverage sliders. Before i would think they were reversed when in fact, they work as intended. The only problem is that if the game is not properly in sync (Game speed, Speed threshold), then the defense will glitch and hesitate instead of react properly, so the only fix was to set these sliders to 0 in order to disable that glitch, but the consequence was mirroring and unaware defenders instead of legit coverage skills.

75+ Reaction Time allows the defense to react a fraction of a second later than the offense but still fast enough to be involved in the play if they can.

55 Int allows ballhawks to shine

45 Pass coverage allows everyone to at least be below average in pass coverage which will stop the busted coverages especially in zone.

Tackling: 45/45

Special Teams:

FG Power: 55
FG Accuracy: 43
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 60
Kickoff Power: 53

Penalties:

Offside: 60
False Start: 50
Holding: 60
Defensive Holding: 65
Face Mask: 50
Defensive PI: 60
Illegal Block in the Back: 50
Roughing Passer: 50

Here's the set, locked and loaded and ready to go! Thanks in advance to all who give these a shot.

Would love some honest friendly feedback on these.

skeenz 09-12-2018 03:46 PM

Re: The ArkanSaw's Madden 19 Sliders

These look good. At work right now but will attempt to give them a shot when I get home tonight if I've got the time.

Darth Aegis 09-12-2018 07:30 PM

Going to give these a spin. Not sure if I'll set the fatigue that high. Im kinda set with fatigue at 49. My eyeballs cant take the sight of LBs jogging in pursuit of a ball carrier.

The ArkanSaw 09-12-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeenz (Post 2049528917)
These look good. At work right now but will attempt to give them a shot when I get home tonight if I've got the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket (Post 2049529355)
Going to give these a spin. Not sure if I'll set the fatigue that high. Im kinda set with fatigue at 49. My eyeballs cant take the sight of LBs jogging in pursuit of a ball carrier.

Thanks for the feedback my brethren, i appreciate the time spent.

As far as fatigue goes Mil, i like to increase fatigue a bit to allow a cap for how much you can send Julio Jones on a streak hoping for success lmao. 75 was a tad too high, but 70 feels just right.

skeenz 09-13-2018 01:10 PM

Got to play a game last night. Lost 24-20 in my Giants franchise (picked a team to realistically plan on drafting Grier, lol) against the Panthers. Game felt really good and I didn't see anything too out of whack. I led 6-3 (missed and extra point) and 9-3 for the majority of the game until the late 4th. I did end up taking 8 sacks (woof), but a I feel like 4 or 5 of them were just good coverage by the Panthers and not being able to get out of there with Eli.

Let me know what stats to post that would help ya out, ArkanSaw.

NYK KING 09-13-2018 01:58 PM

Started my Panthers franchise with these and had a EA Gridiron Classic .

Lost 20-17 to the Cowboys after losing a 14-3 Half time lead :drink:

Can't really say too much about these but thats what made the game feel so good, the fact that it felt fair and competitive the whole way through. Never felt like i had to take my foot off the peddle, never felt the CPU abusing it's powers.
It just felt like some good old football for a change, which was a welcome surprise.

Only things i would boost would probably be the run blocking on both sides. Felt like the disengagements happened too quickly. A second more of holding time could really make the running game more dynamic imo.

Other than that, i can say these sliders are ideal for my CFM. Just bought madden and 2k19 so finding some sliders ASAP to start a franchise with is pretty sweet.

Will post some stats when i get the chance.

The ArkanSaw 09-13-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeenz (Post 2049530658)
Got to play a game last night. Lost 24-20 in my Giants franchise (picked a team to realistically plan on drafting Grier, lol) against the Panthers. Game felt really good and I didn't see anything too out of whack. I led 6-3 (missed and extra point) and 9-3 for the majority of the game until the late 4th. I did end up taking 8 sacks (woof), but a I feel like 4 or 5 of them were just good coverage by the Panthers and not being able to get out of there with Eli.

Let me know what stats to post that would help ya out, ArkanSaw.

Skeenz! I appreciate it my man.

I'd like your thoughts on the feel of the run game, in particular the short yardage gains. I'm looking for an average of 2-4 yard gains on most runs. Are you seeing excessing tackles for loss or gains for 2 yards or less?

skeenz 09-15-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The ArkanSaw (Post 2049530776)
Skeenz! I appreciate it my man.

I'd like your thoughts on the feel of the run game, in particular the short yardage gains. I'm looking for an average of 2-4 yard gains on most runs. Are you seeing excessing tackles for loss or gains for 2 yards or less?

Definitely not seeing that at all. Getting some good holes when I'm patient. It feels really good to me. And the lower tackling slider makes you be conscious of your pursuit and using your force/contain defenders on defense instead of relying on someone to make an open field stop all the time.

Played another game in my franchise, lost 23-20 to the Eagles. Again, things seemed pretty good. Nothing really stood out to me, which is a great compliment. Containing the Eagles O as well as I did felt like a win.