Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Forza Horizon 4 Review (/forums/showthread.php?t=940432)

Steve_OS 10-01-2018 10:00 AM

Forza Horizon 4 Review

Turn 10 and Playground Games are back with the newest entry in the Forza universe, Forza...

Written By: Robert Kollars

Click here to view the article.

PackerScooter 10-01-2018 01:32 PM

Re: Forza Horizon 4 Review

Great review, Robert. I personally found the Horizon series at times difficult to play and would get lost in the worlds. The demo appeared to clean this up and the fun factor looks to be through the roof. I was absolutely going to pass on this game but after this review and playing the demo...my weekend will be all set with 4! Keep up the good work. Anyone know why there is not a new regular Forza this year, I may have missed it.

Tomba 10-01-2018 02:25 PM

this is one game where buying the ultimate edition is a NO Brain er

JayhawkerStL 10-01-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomba (Post 2049556801)
this is one game where buying the ultimate edition is a NO Brain er

I'm just bummed that as a Gamepass owner, I didn't have the option to buy the Ultimate Edition DLC and play early. If I wanted it, I would have to pay the full $100, when I am getting the game tomorrow for free.

I'll admit, it crossed my mind to just pay the money, but that would have been ridiculous. But if they offered me a way to pay $40 to get the Ultimate DLC and early gameplay, I would have been playing all weekend.

If you have the Atmos sound app, playing the FH4 demo was flipping amazing. It was one of my favorite gaming moments ever. It's unreal.

Will be on playing the moment it hits Gamepass.

Dazraz 10-01-2018 05:47 PM

I’m so confused. Why do I feel like I’m the only one who thinks this is a great looking game that isn’t that great. It’s so arcade. Like a pretty version of *an old school arcade game. Is that the point?*I don’t know.*

brandon27 10-01-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazraz (Post 2049557136)
I’m so confused. Why do I feel like I’m the only one who thinks this is a great looking game that isn’t that great. It’s so arcade. Like a pretty version of *an old school arcade game. Is that the point?*I don’t know.*

Because that's the style of game it is. If you want sim driving, play Forza 7. If you want to have more fun, arcade style racing within the same model, then play FH4. :nocomprende:

JayhawkerStL 10-01-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazraz (Post 2049557136)

Because it is the SSX of racing games.

kwebbvols4423 10-02-2018 08:15 AM

Bob, great review as always. I agree with you on the positives and negatives of the game. Menus are a little clunky. Keep up the good work!