Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Help me select a 162 game every pitch franchise (/forums/showthread.php?t=941710)

belikemike14 10-27-2018 06:30 PM

Help me select a 162 game every pitch franchise

Hey everyone,

I want to start a long term carryover franchise where I play all 162 games every season. I plan on using OSFM Hybrid rosters V2

I am having trouble trying to pick a team. I want a team that has talent so that the game doesn’t become stale quick. I also would like a team with good uniforms and stadium as well.

I have thought about possibly using the Red Sox, Dodgers, or the Indians. I need some help from my people that play all 162. What teams do you guys suggest and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

newhope1000 10-27-2018 09:17 PM

Re: Help me select a 162 game every pitch franchise

Quote:

Originally Posted by belikemike14 (Post 2049590030)
Hey everyone,

I want to start a long term carryover franchise where I play all 162 games every season. I plan on using OSFM Hybrid rosters V2

I am having trouble trying to pick a team. I want a team that has talent so that the game doesn’t become stale quick. I also would like a team with good uniforms and stadium as well.

I have thought about possibly using the Red Sox, Dodgers, or the Indians. I need some help from my people that play all 162. What teams do you guys suggest and why?

What’s your fav team ? Indians have go farm system Red Sox payroll high might be hard resign some dodgers farm deep too

belikemike14 10-27-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newhope1000 (Post 2049590188)
What’s your fav team ? Indians have go farm system Red Sox payroll high might be hard resign some dodgers farm deep too

My favorite team is the Orioles so that pretty much eliminates them [emoji23]

NewNapkin 10-27-2018 10:37 PM

If you’re going to play every game, farm system and contracts don’t really matter. I think you can’t go wrong any of your three choices. You want a good playoff team to make it feel more rewarding to play every game.

dowie 10-27-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Hey everyone,

Cardinals - best franchise in all of sports :)

Dowie

Subway_sub 10-28-2018 03:03 AM

Brewers? Lots of talent, but maybe less complete of a team than the options you stated, which gives you a bit more freedom in making moves and stuff while still being able to compete.

Rocket32 10-28-2018 05:14 AM

Quote:

Hey everyone,

Out of your choices, I say Dodgers. They have talent for sure both in the majors and minors, MLB Pipeline ranked their farm system 8th in their September update. You get to use one of the best starters in the game with Kershaw and one of the best most exciting young arms in the game in Buehler. They probably offer more of a challenge then the Red Sox or Indians as well in my opinion. You have two legit threats to compete with in the division with the Rockies and Diamondbacks. Giants aren’t so good irl but may be able to make a little noise in the show. Padres have a great farm system, they should be on the rise soon.

AL East you really only have the Yankees to compete with at the moment. Doubt the Rays win 90 games in the Show. Indians entire division is terrible, really no challenge in that division. Basically the entire division is rebuilding. KC and Detroit will likely stay bad for a while.

Overall I think the Dodgers are the best choice out of the 3.

countryboy 10-28-2018 06:25 AM

Since you're doing a long term carryover franchise, I would suggest playing as your favorite team the Orioles. You can then build them up over the years into a playoff contending, pennant contending team.