Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Is it just me? (/forums/showthread.php?t=941795)

DukesofHazzard 10-30-2018 04:02 PM

Is it just me?

Is it just me or does the animations and the overall gameplay look and play better on Allpro difficulty ?

JoshC1977 10-30-2018 04:27 PM

Re: Is it just me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukesofHazzard (Post 2049592973)
Is it just me or does the animations and the overall gameplay look and play better on Allpro difficulty ?

Compared to All Madden? Absolutely, always has IMO.

But here's the kicker....Pro looks/animates even better than All Pro.

Darth Aegis 10-30-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukesofHazzard (Post 2049592973)

Hmmm. I think it plays better & animates better on slower speeds not necessarily skill level.Way better foot planting on slower speeds. Normal speed, everything is to hyper & overboard imo.

DukesofHazzard 10-30-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket (Post 2049593216)
Hmmm. I think it plays better & animates better on slower speeds not necessarily skill level.Way better foot planting on slower speeds. Normal speed, everything is to hyper & overboard imo.

What's a good speed threshold for slow game speed? Higher or lower number?

Darth Aegis 10-30-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukesofHazzard (Post 2049593244)
What's a good speed threshold for slow game speed? Higher or lower number?

I've always gone lower the better imo. Less suctioning that way. I feel if it's too close together otherwise everything suctions together. Syncing line interactions , defenders vs the run, warping, shifting etc.... to each his own however.

JoshC1977 10-31-2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket (Post 2049593216)

It's a little bit of both IMO. Slower game speeds absolutely look better....I doubt that anyone would argue that.

BUT, as you go up in difficulty, the "hyperness/twitchiness" increases each step upwards. So, Pro/Normal is not at all the same as All Madden/Normal - AM is going to be significantly more twitchy. Now, to circle back to your point, Normal speed on Pro is slower than normal speed is on All Pro/All Madden....so part of the observation of difficulty impacting this is due to the speeds varying a bit.

BegBy 11-01-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2049593018)
Compared to All Madden? Absolutely, always has IMO.

But here's the kicker....Pro looks/animates even better than All Pro.

It's true. You'll see more animations on Pro, probably because they are tuned more in favor of the offense. It sucks that I don't see those animations on All Pro. It just seems to flow better on Pro, but the CPU plays quite bad - specifically they run so terribly it makes All Pro look good.

Played a game on Pro last night whilst taking a break from Red Dead 2 and I saw 3 WR/DB interactions that were fantastic. Only one was in favor of the DB, but it actually looked real.

If anyone can find a slider/roster combination for Pro I'd happily pay money.

To be fair I never play All Madden because I just find it really forced and certainly not organic. It's possible these animations I mentioned are seen more often at that difficulty level also.

BegBy 11-01-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket (Post 2049593266)
I've always gone lower the better imo. Less suctioning that way. I feel if it's too close together otherwise everything suctions together. Syncing line interactions , defenders vs the run, warping, shifting etc.... to each his own however.

I play slow/All pro. I'd play very slow, but I find it a little slow for longer plays and when combined with stamina issues (speaking from my experience, that is) if I end up gassed while on very slow I just can't stomach a 24 second 50 yard dash to the house, haha.

Sure would love a slow Pro slider/roster set that'd produce a challenge.