Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Changing team order in roster file (/forums/showthread.php?t=941873)

bbgeek 11-01-2018 03:18 PM

Changing team order in roster file

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

For quick play games, I believe APF loads the 1st 24 teams it finds in the roster file (which has 8 other teams, plus the Free Agents), so there is no way to play against the "last 8" teams in the roster. I know any team (including any of the "last 8") can be set to user controlled, but there is still no way to play vs any of those "last 8".

So for example, I'd like to be able to move a team from the 31st "slot" to the 24th "slot". Then I could play against "any" team.

ASZEMPLE 11-03-2018 06:25 PM

Re: Changing team order in roster file

If your talking about the editor, and want to switch teams around you can export a team, and import them into a different spot.

https://youtu.be/JFjbL-Qn1GU
While King Javo is talking about his newest editor, this process should work for older one.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

bbgeek 11-04-2018 05:09 PM

Yes, I did that, but it only updated the players. The uniforms and team logo did not change. I would love to know if there is a way to change those also.

My process was as follows:
In the editor, I exported the entire file. Then, I changed the Lions to the Cowboys, and vice versa. Next, I imported the roster which updated the players correctly, and I went to the Lions and Cowboys team pages, and updated city, collar, playbooks, and coaches.

But the editor only assigns team logos (and uniform images) in the editor, not the game, so when I played a quick game, the Cowboys had the Lion logo on their helmets, and they were wearing the Lions' uniforms.

ASZEMPLE 11-04-2018 07:32 PM

You can switch uniforms in editor using the drop down list for uniform that’s selected.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

bbgeek 11-07-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE (Post 2049598196)
You can switch uniforms in editor using the drop down list for uniform that’s selected.

I may be wrong, but I think that only changes the uniform image that displays in the editor, and does not change the actual uniform that is used in the game. :confused: