Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Anyone notice this in Slow Sim mode? (/forums/showthread.php?t=942346)

capa 11-12-2018 02:37 PM

Anyone notice this in Slow Sim mode?

I have been using PLAY NOW Slow Sim mode to watch games with my classic rosters (and others). I know Play Now is a different animal, but I noticed something and wondered if others have too...regardless of what sliders used.

In Slow Sim mode where you Sim to End of Game to watch each play, the Home team always wins and by large margins.

The visiting team seems to be shutout until late in 2nd quarter or into the 3rd. This has happened at least 7-10 times and I have given up watching in this mode.

No matter what sliders I use...no matter if I make the visiting team have super sliders and reduce the home team sliders...same thing.

Here is what I do:

SIM mode
All Pro or All Madden
Any slider set
Any playbook for Offense or Defense assigned in Options screen (I assume both teams would then use same playbooks).

- assign home team and select throwback unis
- then assign visiting team and select throwback unis (in this case, this would be the team the game thinks is assigned to human control)
- select the READY selection to advance to summary screen (game time, mode, etc)
proceed to game
- select either kick off or Receive play and let it play out
- pause game and then select Slow Sim...sim to end of game

Anyone else see this or have any ideas on how to combat (I only play Coach mode or watch cpu vs cpu).

Thanks!

C

tommycoa 11-12-2018 02:42 PM

Re: Anyone notice this in Slow Sim mode?

That’s strange, but sounds like how CFM used to be on cpu/cpu mode. Maybe try using 2 controllers for team/uni setup and when in the game move both controllers into the middle.

capa 11-12-2018 03:07 PM

Hmmm...maybe...would need to buy another controller :(

Run game is almost non-existent too for visiting team. I mean maybe a total of 50 yards or less. Most runs are TFL. Even with Run Block at 90. Very very weird...

C

dc thompsoncanyon838 11-12-2018 03:44 PM

Hey cap! I heard sum really good stuff about Supersim and am about to try with new trade deadline rosters on my new cfm. Like you I mainly do Coach Mode or spectate. Have you tried play now and just moving the 1 controller to the middle? Also.with holiday sales next week you should be able to find a better deal !

capa 11-16-2018 11:18 AM

Decided to test this again. Took best team against worst team. Rams vs 49ers.

Rams = Visitors
49ers = Home

Started game and chose Slow Sim to watch every play after kickoff. No skipping of cut scenes.

Team Specific Playbooks

Used Tommy's Cpu vs Cpu sliders (FYI - Run Blocking is 85 in this set).

Score - 16-16 (I did not go into Overtime)

Stats

Mullens: 28-36 77.7% 356 yards 1 TD
Goff: 19-23 82.6% 251 yards 1 TD

Gurley: 17-24 2.0 avg
Brown: 1-7 7.0 avg

Breida: 9-24 2.6 avg
Morris: 3-7 2.3 avg
Juszcyk: 2-7 3.5 avg

Rams: 3 sacks
49ers: 2 sacks

0 INTs

Visiting team still seems to struggle and definite bias toward home team when playing this mode. I know most folks do not use Play Now and the experience in CFM could be very different.

I just think it is a shame that you can't really Sim and watch realistic games in Madden 19 this way. I don't have time or effort to play CFM and enjoy just getting into Play Now. They definitely want you to play the game and control the players!

Oh well...also did not find any real difference when after start game just move controller to middle and watch.

C

tommycoa 11-16-2018 11:31 AM

You’re missing something special if you don’t try the sliders in CFM. With the way I got it setup, no team has an advantage, and everything you see is driven by ratings. It’s good stuff man. Even blowouts are interesting. MVPeterson was a hum/cpu player and when he gave it a try, his team went 4-12, and he was loving every second of it.

I don’t mind tooting my horn. When Tom Brady throws a TD pass, he raises his arms and does a fist pump. My sliders are a game-winning td pass in cfm mode. Ive never seen madden play like this. I see all these others fussing about the game and I just laugh. I know they laugh at us cpu guys, but the joke is on them. These people have no idea what this game is capable of when the human doesn’t play against the computer. The stuff i see with my set in this mode is the deserted island/bucket list blotter that people beg for on wishlists. All kinds of animations. No game is ever the same.

This is like the Holy Grail for CPU mode. Almost all the flaws are fixed, outside of them trying long field goals and not using timeouts at the end of the first half. Not much i can do with that stuff, unless ea gives me a work badge and a job. I doubt ea even knows the game plays this good.

In year’s past, play now played better than CFM with this mode. Seems like it’s the other way around this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by capa (Post 2049609449)
Decided to test this again. Took best team against worst team. Rams vs 49ers.

Rams = Visitors
49ers = Home

Started game and chose Slow Sim to watch every play after kickoff. No skipping of cut scenes.

Team Specific Playbooks

Used Tommy's Cpu vs Cpu sliders (FYI - Run Blocking is 85 in this set).

Score - 16-16 (I did not go into Overtime)

Stats

Mullens: 28-36 77.7% 356 yards 1 TD
Goff: 19-23 82.6% 251 yards 1 TD

Gurley: 17-24 2.0 avg
Brown: 1-7 7.0 avg

Breida: 9-24 2.6 avg
Morris: 3-7 2.3 avg
Juszcyk: 2-7 3.5 avg

Rams: 3 sacks
49ers: 2 sacks

0 INTs

Visiting team still seems to struggle and definite bias toward home team when playing this mode. I know most folks do not use Play Now and the experience in CFM could be very different.

I just think it is a shame that you can't really Sim and watch realistic games in Madden 19 this way. I don't have time or effort to play CFM and enjoy just getting into Play Now. They definitely want you to play the game and control the players!

Oh well...

C

capa 11-16-2018 11:46 AM

Appreciate your work. I know I am in the minority. CFM is just not for me. Too much time to invest. Too many hoops to jump through, etc.

Keep up the good work. I will continue my Play Now journey and hope that at some point they even the scale.

C

dc thompsoncanyon838 11-16-2018 12:06 PM

I mostly do play now because of a problem with 1 of my hands. It seems like ea put that old fashioned home field advantage thing into the game. I like the quicker startup and of course being able to pick my own teams and weather. I do both Coach Mode and spectate. I think Tommy said something about the even teams option but I can't remember specifics. They took away spectating in FIFA, Madden probably next. Hope you can at least get a few more enjoyable games in for the holidays!