Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Career Mode: CPU Player Selection? (/forums/showthread.php?t=942766)

geisterhome 11-23-2018 07:02 PM

Career Mode: CPU Player Selection?

It seems that in career mode the CPU regularly doesn't select some of their best players, most recent example Liverpool had Mignolet in goal, Allison was on the bench, Gomez was starting over Van Dijk who was also on the bench. It was the first game of the season so tiredness can't be the reason. Is this a known issue?

coach422001 11-24-2018 03:37 PM

Re: Career Mode: CPU Player Selection?

Quote:

Originally Posted by geisterhome (Post 2049616119)
It seems that in career mode the CPU regularly doesn't select some of their best players, most recent example Liverpool had Mignolet in goal, Allison was on the bench, Gomez was starting over Van Dijk who was also on the bench. It was the first game of the season so tiredness can't be the reason. Is this a known issue?

Yes it is a known issue

Entiae 11-25-2018 04:34 AM

Yeah, it's terrible.

If you have two controllers, I suggest picking both teams and checking the CPU's lineup before each match. If it's messed up (it quite often is), make whatever changes you want and start the match, and then simply pause and give control back to the CPU.

geisterhome 11-27-2018 03:11 PM

Thanks guys, I'm a career mode only guy.
Somehow in the back of my head I think I read already about it a couple of years ago or so but wasn't sure anymore.

I don't own a 2nd controller at the moment, do you guys think the mode is good enough to warrant a purchase? I know EA hasn't invested much into it the last few years but on the other hand I haven't played much FIFA either.

So assuming I'd solve this issue by getting a 2nd controller are there any more deal breakers? I'd play most games out and thus won't get further than 3, max 4 seasons into the future.

Load FM 12-16-2018 04:44 PM

I couldn't agree more regarding this issue. I know it's probably affected by the stamina problems in career mode, but the CPU so regularly plays weakened teams!