Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 19 Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=942802)

Cycloniac 11-25-2018 04:55 AM

Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 19 Sliders

You know what to expect by now: simulation hockey. Throughout the years, I've never been afraid of pushing bounderies and trying different things with sliders. This year is no different. These were tested via CPUvCPU, and using the True Broadcast Cam in order to get an accurate measure of game and player speed.

The main areas I wanted to focus on were getting penalties, especially slashing calls, in realistic ranges. I also wanted to ensure that the flow and pace of an NHL game is on display with this set. I made a lot of tweaks to concepts I tried in previous years, especially the pace of the game.

Give them a go, and let me know what you think.

Franchise: Regular Season
Spoiler

Franchise: Playoffs
Spoiler

Audio & Visual Settings

VISUAL
Auto Zoom: Auto
Camera: True Broadcast
Camera Perspective: Alternate
Control Indicator: Off
Indicator Size: Off
Fighting Instructions: Off
Goalie Camera: High
Puck Highlight: Large
Puck Size: Authentic
Score Clock Overlay: Authentic
Shootout Camera: True Brodcast or Low

VOLUME
Arena Announcer Volume: 8
Arena Music Volume: 7
Commentary Volume: Max
Crowd Volume: 8
Goal Horn Volume: 8
Menu Music: 7
SFX Volume: 7

On-Ice Trainer
Control Hints: Off
Feedback Hints: Off
Shot Aim Targeting: Off
Goalie Coverage Grid: Off
Shot Lane: Off
Pass Aim Targeting: Off
Pass Suggestions: Off
Offside Warning: Off
Defensive Positioning: Off

skrody 11-27-2018 12:28 AM

Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 19 Sliders

excited to try these for my sim season

BigBadAss33 11-27-2018 01:13 PM

just a few questions

1. Do you PLAY any games?
2. Do you SIM games or play them all CPU V CPU?

thanks

jack72 11-27-2018 06:07 PM

I tried these sliders and they aren't bad.
- The game speed was good and the AI opponents weren't overpowering.

- In Defensive zone, AI would pass the puck around, but with good positioning I could get possesion of the puck with forwards back checking, but difficult if a defensman is being controled by me.

- In Offensive zone, can pass the puck around and was able to get away from AI and pass well. (exception is the Defensemen..see further on)

- Passing felt good and the players went to the best place for a play and setup.

- There still is a checking in-balance, but I am use to that and probably can't fix it.

- Goalies played well as my goalie was a backup and I believe the AI was the starter.

0 - 0 after one period and 5-5 in shots. Hits were 0-6 in my favor at the offensive zone was a little more for the oppostion (but not to bad).

Defenseman puck possesion issue......
However there was one problem but a slider shoud be changed but don't know which one. I noticed that on both teams the defensmen could hardly pick up the puck. Mostly they would be just nudging it as they tried to get possession or would never get possession even when there was no opponent there. At times, I would pass back to them in the offensive zone and they would be trying to pick it up pushing the puck back ot my end.

I tried to up the Preparedness slider from 10 to 25 but no change. Reading what the slider should do for Puck Control Rating effect, Puck Speed Reception Effect, are higher than I use, but I thought higher would make it easier to get pocession of a loose puck.
Puck Control is about what I normally use.

If you could suggest a slider to fix for this, the sliders are good.

The difference I used:
Use Regular view (camera was high behind the player).
Playted OHL teams.
Played 7 min periods
Fatigue effect and reovery was up by 10 as I am playing with 7 min.

The rest was as you say......
so If you can suggest how to better have the d-men pick up the puck these sliders would be pretty good.

Cycloniac 11-28-2018 07:40 PM

Quite a few updates:
-Min pass speed increased to 30
-Max pass speed increased to 40
-Saucer pass speed increased to 75
-Deking impact decreased to 45
-Spin deke impact decreased to 65
-Skating impact decreased to 30
-Goalie cross crease reaction time increased to 50
-Goalie deflection time decreased to 25
-Poke checking accuracy decreased to 15
-Stick lift effectiveness decreased to 10
-CPU penalties increased to 20
-CPU teammate penalties increased to 20

Main obbjective here was to clean up certain things such as possession time and improve the goal scoring balance. Penalties should be a bit more fine-tuned. The core of the slider set is the same, but the overall flow should be smoother now. Continue to let me know what you are seeing as I keep track of in-game data.

Cycloniac 11-28-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBadAss33 (Post 2049619116)
just a few questions

1. Do you PLAY any games?
2. Do you SIM games or play them all CPU V CPU?

thanks

1. No
2. Sim some, play some in coach mode during a franchise

BigPoppa17211 11-29-2018 03:35 PM

Awesome slider set man! Tried all the usual sliders this year and these ones play totally different. Played 2 games so far and have seen a lot of nice plays.

First game I won 5-2 and saw a couple of goal mouth scramble goals, a deflection, a clean wrister and a deke all go in.

Second game I won 3-1 (en) and was a much tighter checking game.

Can really notice when you have your 3rd pairing out there and get hemmed in your own zone. Have to be aware of the other teams stars too.

Enjoying how you can actually dump and chase and start a cycle in the offensive zone with these. Feels great when you can grind away and tire out the other team and then get a good scoring chance or goal.

Only thing I had to do was up penalties to 30 for both CPU and Teammates. Saw a total of 3 PP combined in the 2 games.

Great job!

WeAreAllKings 11-30-2018 02:22 AM

So I’ve plugged your sliders into my franchise and I actually had fun. I’ve tried the other slider sets and wasn’t too happy with how the game was playing. I almost decided to shelve NHL 19 because of it. Only played two games which is a small sample size, but I liked what I saw from the CPU. I won both games, 4-1 against the Sharks which included an empty net goal and I beat the Red Wings 2-1. In both games shot totals were in my favor, 25-20 and 24-20. I had 2 PP to the CPUs 3 PP in the first game and the ratio was a lot different in the second game as I had 4 PP and the CPU had 0. Will definitely be playing more games to see what else I witness in the game. Thanks for the sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports