Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Pure glass cleaner == easy mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=942850)

Erithtotl 11-26-2018 07:01 PM

Pure glass cleaner == easy mode

I have played over 300 games of rec and now have 5 myplayers, several in the 90s so I speak with ''some' experience, though I'm hardly a 'pro'.

Yesterday I decided to make a 7'1 pure glass, and used my extra VC to buy up to a 71. After 5 games of myleague and about 8-9 rec games, I feel like the pure glass cleaner definitely breaks 2Ks mechanics.

Every matchup in rec I have either played even or dominated, despite being 15-20 points worse than them every time and only having bronze, and later, some silver badges. In only those 13-14 games I've already got like 4 silver badges, about 10 bronze ones with 3-4 of those close to going silver. It wasn't even remotely this quick or easy with my stretch, my post scorer, or my playmaking SC.

Much like the pure sharp, the glass cleaner is perfectly designed to do one of the most important things in the game, and do it well. The difference is that you are always involved, unlikely any other archetype where you might need someone to give you the ball, and better yet, all your 'normal' actions raise your key badges. Anyone who has grinded 'mid range deadeye' or 'tireless scorer' or 'chase down artist' to HOF knows what I mean. Heck I even drew 2 charges in a rec game to add 3000 to my charge card badge.

One of my first games was against a 91 slashing rebounder and I out boarded and outscored him. I just played a 91 2-way slasher and got 18 boards and held him to 4 points. The only pure stretch I played, a 90, scored 2 points and I still got a double double. I've come close 3 times to triple doubles in rec.

You might say 'well wait until you play a 7'3" 91 glass cleaner', and you'd be proving my point. The only antidote to a pure glass is another one. The only real downside to the build is that one pure-glass is great, but two don't really work together on a team.

Anyways, I'm not bragging, as I'm sure its mostly the build and only a little bit my skill. I'm saying that the pure glass requires lower skill and breaks the game as much as a pure-sharp. Skill matters, but just not as much as many other builds. If people want to improve the 2K experience they definitely have to fix the overpowered rebounding centers.

Thrustie 11-26-2018 10:23 PM

Re: Pure glass cleaner == easy mode

It’s a powerful build but I wouldn’t put it anywhere near a Pure Sharp. They don’t have many tools offensively. They get some really nice rebounding animations but there is ways to beat them on the boards. I don’t feel the same way when I see a Pure Glass on the other team as when I see a Pure Sharp or two.

ItchyNscratchy 11-26-2018 10:28 PM

So you play 3 games of rec center now all of a sudden you think you know it all about this archetype. I hate all these sh*t posters that talk about how OP a glass is when ive been using one since 2k17. Back then no one b*tched about this build when in fact, IT WAS EVEN MORE POWERFUL IN 2k17. With the purple brick wall you would literally knock down every guard.

I dont know what “mechanics” your talking about when you say it breaks them. You act as if the glass cleaner can shoot half court 3s or dunk from the free throw line again like in 2k18 this all happened.

Now, in 19, they took away alot of the badges. We dont even get free throw ace badge/up and under. Instead we get badges like charge card which is useless.

Erithtotl 11-27-2018 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy (Post 2049618685)
So you play 3 games of rec center now all of a sudden you think you know it all about this archetype. I hate all these sh*t posters that talk about how OP a glass is when ive been using one since 2k17. Back then no one b*tched about this build when in fact, IT WAS EVEN MORE POWERFUL IN 2k17. With the purple brick wall you would literally knock down every guard.

I dont know what “mechanics” your talking about when you say it breaks them. You act as if the glass cleaner can shoot half court 3s or dunk from the free throw line again like in 2k18 this all happened.

Now, in 19, they took away alot of the badges. We dont even get free throw ace badge/up and under. Instead we get badges like charge card which is useless.

I've played 300 in rec center. I've played 8-10 with this build and with a 73 beaten every matchup. You say it's weaker than previous years but all the other bigs have been nerfed more because they got rid of all the poster dunks. Now rebounding and defense is all bigs are good for and they do it better than anyone.

ImInThis 11-27-2018 12:55 AM

Op, I'll say this, every glass cleaner I've gone against I didn't fear them scoring near the rim. Stopping them in the paint is very easy.

I've actually out rebounded glass cleaners by 5-10 rebounds.

Keith01 11-27-2018 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erithtotl (Post 2049618494)
The only real downside to the build is that one pure-glass is great, but two don't really work together on a team.

I'm saying that the pure glass requires lower skill and breaks the game as much as a pure-sharp. Skill matters, but just not as much as many other builds. If people want to improve the 2K experience they definitely have to fix the overpowered rebounding centers.

I have a 92 pure glass and I'd say it's the best Center or big man build. BUT, it's no where near a sharpshooter. A GC does what it's supposed to do -- own the boards like a beast, set screens, and basically play bully ball. The rebounds still take plenty of skill to get positioning, timing, anticipation, etc. I've netted plenty of triple dubs with this build, that's if I have teammates smart enough to involve the center as a playmaker. It's bbq chicken vs other centers who don't have rebounding in their archetype -- but that's how the system is supposed to work, exploiting matchups and pros and cons for every build.

But this build is not OP because, while it's a dominant rebounder, it still has a major weakness -- offense. (2K18 rebounding finisher was pretty OP because you could rebound + finish). You're not going to be a great inside force or have the shooting to create a lot of space. And if the opposing team has a low reb Center, the team can and should help out aka gang rebounding.

"Don't nerf me bro" lol

splashmountain 11-27-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrustie (Post 2049618678)
It’s a powerful build but I wouldn’t put it anywhere near a Pure Sharp. They don’t have many tools offensively. They get some really nice rebounding animations but there is ways to beat them on the boards. I don’t feel the same way when I see a Pure Glass on the other team as when I see a Pure Sharp or two.

you can't beat them on the boards for an entire game unless they dont have the badges or you're playing a true amateur on the sticks. anyone with 2k skill. that understands how the badges work and your team doesnt have a rebounder. the pure reb will kill you on the glass. all facts.

you can box out until your hearts content. it wont matter. the ball will keep floating over your head into their hand. they will be allowed to jump clean over your back for no over the back fouls. there is nothing you can do about that. because that is how 2k designed that build.

you need a glass or a defender glass to slow that down. and as far as offensive ability, there is more than one thing you can do on offense. for one a rebounder sets great screens to get the sharps open.

#2 rebounders will cut off any 2nd chance points for their opponent by rebounding the ball.

#3. rebounders will create 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4 chances in one offensive moment. to give his team multiple looks at the basket. This also creates open 3's because people start crashing to help gang rebound since the other big can't handle the pure glass. then the pure glass gets it and pitches it back out. FOR THREEEEEE! SPLASH.

#4. Their breakstarter passing ability is bar none. They rarely turn the ball over once that badge is on. you can rebound and not turn around to face your teammates and still throw perfect A.rogers darts down field for touchdown after touchdown.

#5. since they have the quickest takeover bar fillup. you will get more of 1 - 4.

Rebounders are carrying entire teams with their rebounding, over powered defense, and break starting passes.

Thrustie 11-27-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splashmountain (Post 2049619233)
you can't beat them on the boards for an entire game unless they dont have the badges or you're playing a true amateur on the sticks. anyone with 2k skill. that understands how the badges work and your team doesnt have a rebounder. the pure reb will kill you on the glass. all facts.

you can box out until your hearts content. it wont matter. the ball will keep floating over your head into their hand. they will be allowed to jump clean over your back for no over the back fouls. there is nothing you can do about that. because that is how 2k designed that build.

you need a glass or a defender glass to slow that down. and as far as offensive ability, there is more than one thing you can do on offense. for one a rebounder sets great screens to get the sharps open.

#2 rebounders will cut off any 2nd chance points for their opponent by rebounding the ball.

#3. rebounders will create 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4 chances in one offensive moment. to give his team multiple looks at the basket. This also creates open 3's because people start crashing to help gang rebound since the other big can't handle the pure glass. then the pure glass gets it and pitches it back out. FOR THREEEEEE! SPLASH.

#4. Their breakstarter passing ability is bar none. They rarely turn the ball over once that badge is on. you can rebound and not turn around to face your teammates and still throw perfect A.rogers darts down field for touchdown after touchdown.

#5. since they have the quickest takeover bar fillup. you will get more of 1 - 4.

Rebounders are carrying entire teams with their rebounding, over powered defense, and break starting passes.

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion and experience. I’ve played over 500 games in Rec this year and plenty against Pure GCs of all sizes. I honestly don’t find them to be gamebreaking by any stretch. I have a 6’11 Rebounding Athletic Finisher and have outrebounded plenty of them. I find with my extra speed, I can beat them to the spot pretty frequently when a shot comes up. The ones who literally just camp the paint can typically keep me off the offensive glass but it comes at the expense of letting me screen all over the place to my heart’s content.

I do agree it’s the best Center build in the game but I just don’t think the margin is as big as some others do. I really do think they’re pretty useless on offence other than setting screens. In the current meta of 4 shooters and one GC, they feel somewhat overpowered because you literally don’t need them to do anything else. In a random game with more diverse archetypes (which is happening less and less in Rec) I don’t find them to be anything particularly special.