Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 19 - November Gameplay Tuning Update (/forums/showthread.php?t=942918)

Steve_OS 11-28-2018 11:11 AM

Madden NFL 19 - November Gameplay Tuning Update

EA has released a new Madden NFL 19 gameplay tuning update today. The reduced stamina penalty in...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

PhillyPhanatic14 11-28-2018 11:40 AM

Re: Madden NFL 19 - November Gameplay Tuning Update

"Reduced the stamina penalty when using Acceleration boost and/or One Cut to lengthen the time necessary before fatigue sets in on a per-play basis"

Absolutely huge change. This has been so frustrating. You can't run a punt back without quickly running out of sprint and you can't do a move with a runner and continue to sprint all the way to the end zone most times which is just not realistic. Love this.

Shosum13 11-28-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14 (Post 2049620102)
"Reduced the stamina penalty when using Acceleration boost and/or One Cut to lengthen the time necessary before fatigue sets in on a per-play basis"

Absolutely huge change. This has been so frustrating. You can't run a punt back without quickly running out of sprint and you can't do a move with a runner and continue to sprint all the way to the end zone most times which is just not realistic. Love this.

So frustrating, make the right reads and find a nice hole on a kick return or run and all of a sudden run out of gas still 20-30 yards away from the endzone. I know sometimes it happens and players run out of gas when going full speed but not nearly as often or as fast as it was happening in game.

IcedCoffee1983 11-28-2018 12:29 PM

That stamina change is awesome!

Also side note... it’s nice to see them using tuner updates effectively after introducing this feature a few years back. The first year they introduced tuners they didn’t use it at all! So it’s nice not only are they using tuners, they actually tuned something that was bothering myself and many others.

Yay EA

roadman 11-28-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983 (Post 2049620152)
That stamina change is awesome!

Also side note... it’s nice to see them using tuner updates effectively after introducing this feature a few years back. The first year they introduced tuners they didn’t use it at all! So it’s nice not only are they using tuners, they actually tuned something that was bothering myself and many others.

Yay EA

They do have tuning updates with title updates. but I haven't seen a stand alone tuning update for a few years.

edaddy 11-28-2018 01:14 PM

No matter how this tuning turns out I am thoroughly impressed that they have started listening to the sim community and tuner feedback provided on this site. I truly hope that penalties can be tuned as well..This opens up a whole new world for Madden and they must have worked to find a way to separate the modes which is a plus too me..I give credit where it's due great job EA for opening this up..Now just tune , tune, tune, to get that realistic sim alot of the community wants...Roadman I am starting to take your word for it that they look at feedback I know this issue has been brought up many times with the tuners..Kudos my man!!!

roadman 11-28-2018 01:20 PM

Thanks edaddy and thanks for keeping it real, too!

Interesting you bring up penalties, I tweeted Clint about DH making a comeback in Sim this morning.

underdog13 11-28-2018 02:17 PM

How do you get the tuning update...my ea account isn't connected to the servers ever.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ChicagoChris 11-28-2018 02:52 PM

Agreed. Ea with excellent post release support this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

baconbits11 11-28-2018 03:28 PM

Nice to see EA finally using the tuners in Madden. Seems they use them all the time in NHL and Fifa.

MizzouRah 11-28-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dittohead (Post 2049620352)
A few penalty tweaks would be really great for immersion. Just last night I was getting kinda chewed up on the ground and the CPU got a block in the back and a holding. I can honestly say the surprise of the randomness/genuine feel of a call out of the blue really piqued my interest and added to the game. Of course the calls being in my favour was good for the result, but I am more about context and the calls seemed legit and as I said very unexpected, yet realistic.

I have games too where I see a few random penalties and it does add to the immersion, would love to see it tweaked a bit via tuner rather than messing with sliders. Had a huge run called back because of holding, it was against me so I wasn't happy but realistic nonetheless as there was a huge hole to run through.

khaliib 11-28-2018 04:19 PM

I wish they would do any gameplay tuning through the Sliders as not everything impacts everyone in the same manner.

This eliminates forcing changes upon those gamers that enjoy a certain aspect that others may not have and really puts gameplay experience into the gamers hands.

I loved the October update and what it has done to run gameplay, especially the reduction of the “disengage”.

I wasn’t impacted by any Stamina issue as others have been impacted.

Again, just wish they would let the Sliders altar any gameplay tuning that’s not considered a bug.

Hopefully things start to progress towards this ideology sooner, rather than later.

tyberious4now 11-28-2018 05:16 PM

I have to admit that for me Madden is in a good place ...I can definitely feel the much need changes.. 2 things that standout to me is finally the Cpu can run the ball without 50,000 juke to get to the hole..Also pass coverage seems to be much improved on both sides of the ball...

This right here could POSSIBLY make me a believer in buying Madden 20!!!

gman2774 11-28-2018 05:26 PM

So does the tuning update apply to online and offline cfm’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

chainsaw4099 11-28-2018 05:37 PM

how do you know if you have the tuning update?

Nickda55 11-28-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconbits11 (Post 2049620346)
Nice to see EA finally using the tuners in Madden. Seems they use them all the time in NHL and Fifa.

The whole point of them adding in tuners, was so they could tune things on the fly, and not have the consumer wait for a patch release.

However, all they do is include the tuners with the release of the patches anyways, minus this one anomaly, and seemingly makes this feature useless.

I hope going forward they continue this trend of releasing tuner updates separately, and earlier than having us wait for a patch to drop.

edaddy 11-28-2018 06:38 PM

I have not been prompted for a tuner update on xbox anyone else?

roadman 11-28-2018 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edaddy (Post 2049620558)
I have not been prompted for a tuner update on xbox anyone else?

Same here, I'll check Twitter.

From EA's Community Manager:

So I just did it on my home Xbox.

I believe the update downloads as part of the Play Call Data Update. When you log in you will get the message that you need to Restart for Live Content Update. Close the Game, Log back in and when you do the message should go away. Success.

I would have never guessed that. lol

jfsolo 11-28-2018 09:45 PM

I had two plays in my last game that I wouldn't have had without the stamina adjustment. I had a 59 yard pick 6 by a linebacker that would have had him running out of steam at the 30 and getting caught before, and also an even better play was a play where my RB had to speed to the edge to outrun an LB, then I trucked a safety, and then was able to accelerate again for a 50 yard TD without getting caught, with a 87 speed power back(on 75 speed parity to boot)

This is probably a placebo, but I feel like the CPU running backs are even better now then right after the Title Update. I see even less extraneous cuts and they are better at cutting to the sideline instead of breaking back inside all the time.

Darth Aegis 11-28-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2049620642)
Same here, I'll check Twitter.

From EA's Community Manager:

So I just did it on my home Xbox.

I believe the update downloads as part of the Play Call Data Update. When you log in you will get the message that you need to Restart for Live Content Update. Close the Game, Log back in and when you do the message should go away. Success.

I would have never guessed that. lol

So what if u delete the play call data? You delete the tuner?

CaptainFear 11-29-2018 02:13 AM

Ok 2 things:

1. I am on Xbox One X, after I press start at the title screen there was a "play call data" update and it went quickly and automatically. It said nothing about a tuner, there was no option to accept it (like a roster update), or anything like that.

2. It seems I've got the "tuner" and I like it. I see a difference in fatigue/stamina. I even tested it in practice and no more does the one-cut wipe away all of my rb's energy. I noticed in a full play now game as well. I haven't been playing as much lately (Thanks Red Dead Redemption 2) but the one full game I played tonight also seemed to have more penalties called (All-pro Sim default everything). The game is a lot cleaner overall.

CaptainFear 11-29-2018 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket (Post 2049620739)
So what if u delete the play call data? You delete the tuner?

How and where do you delete play call data?

cuoreceltico 11-29-2018 02:54 AM

stamina is good but wtf run-defense not need any boost at all.

Smoke6 11-29-2018 08:50 AM

All of a sudden wr bubble screens are to the house almost every time no matter what and D line gets no pressure at all everyone is blocked perfectly and my opponent ran this same play 5 times in a row and scored every time until I conceded!

What the hell is going on

cuoreceltico 11-29-2018 11:11 AM

I had never freezing issue with madden, after this tuner update my Madden has freeze just two times.:jpshakehe

bdeezy89 11-29-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shosum13 (Post 2049620129)
So frustrating, make the right reads and find a nice hole on a kick return or run and all of a sudden run out of gas still 20-30 yards away from the endzone. I know sometimes it happens and players run out of gas when going full speed but not nearly as often or as fast as it was happening in game.

This just happened to me yesterday with Deion Jones off a pick six that would've been a TD if the meter didn't drain to 0 in like 5 secs after using the boost.

kennylc321 11-29-2018 02:01 PM

"30% increase to defensive run-block disengage angles (this is 30% back in opposite direction from previous tuning made in October Title Update)"

What does this mean?

roadman 11-29-2018 06:22 PM

Edaddy and for anyone else, the tuner update was included in the play call download.

It appears people are having issues playing online against each other.

https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/...issue/p1?new=1

edaddy 11-29-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2049621556)
Edaddy and for anyone else, the tuner update was included in the play call download.

It appears people are having issues playing online against each other.

https://forums.ea.com/en/madden-nfl/...issue/p1?new=1

Thanks my man..this is different than tuner updates in the past but its all good..

roadman 11-29-2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edaddy (Post 2049621650)
Thanks my man..this is different than tuner updates in the past but its all good..

I was surprised myself.

Chiefsfan881129 11-29-2018 09:38 PM

Surprised EA hasn't had Commatary updates like they did last year.. I mean that was the whole reason they brought in Brandon Guiden & Charles Davis..

Wonder why they haven't done it this year along with the slew of new Touchdown Celebrations they were said they would add this year...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app

CaptainFear 11-30-2018 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129 (Post 2049621768)
Surprised EA hasn't had Commatary updates like they did last year.. I mean that was the whole reason they brought in Brandon Guiden & Charles Davis..

Wonder why they haven't done it this year along with the slew of new Touchdown Celebrations they were said they would add this year...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app

I get the commentary updates each week just like last year. I think its tied in to the weekly roster updates perhaps. Its usually just some talking points about each team in the beginning of the game. I solely play Play Now.

Rayzaa 11-30-2018 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainFear (Post 2049621944)
I get the commentary updates each week just like last year. I think its tied in to the weekly roster updates perhaps. Its usually just some talking points about each team in the beginning of the game. I solely play Play Now.

I haven't noticed any but if they are adding commentary stuff, dammit say Las Vegas and San Diego for relocation teams and fix it for the draft as well.

Shosum13 11-30-2018 02:44 AM

I'm wondering if they updated anything with the offseason free agency logic through a tuner or this last patch. I simmed to the offseason in a few test franchises just to make sure I was seeing it correctly but I no longer see teams like the Rams try and sign Le'Veon Bell in free agency. Now it's always teams like the Jets, Colts, and Bears trying to sign him which is nice, I got sick of watching teams already with a stud running back trying to sign him.

RogueHominid 11-30-2018 04:41 AM

I need a bit more time with it, but I'm not 100% sure I love this update. Thank goodness it's in a play call file that I can delete.

I like the stamina thing, mostly, though I wish the whole Madden approach to fatigue were different.

What I don't like is that I saw more skating in coverage and warping plays on the ball (super diving swats and warp picks) than I'd seen immediately prior to the tuner.

Am I alone in that?

cuoreceltico 11-30-2018 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trojan Man (Post 2049622045)
I need a bit more time with it, but I'm not 100% sure I love this update. Thank goodness it's in a play call file that I can delete.

I like the stamina thing, mostly, though I wish the whole Madden approach to fatigue were different.

What I don't like is that I saw more skating in coverage and warping plays on the ball (super diving swats and warp picks) than I'd seen immediately prior to the tuner.

Am I alone in that?

I'm with you, after this tuner I have notice that tackling is worse than before, I lowering the tackling slider by three point and it helps a bit.

bigt_24_r 11-30-2018 05:52 AM

I got a digital download of game and I haven't got any prompt to download a tuning file. The only thing that downloads is the play calling file. How can I download the new tuning file?

rajone9 11-30-2018 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigt_24_r (Post 2049622054)
I got a digital download of game and I haven't got any prompt to download a tuning file. The only thing that downloads is the play calling file. How can I download the new tuning file?

the tuner update is included in the play call download

edgevoice 11-30-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trojan Man (Post 2049622045)

Am I alone in that?

While I'm not seeing skating, I am seeing DB's take several extra steps before driving on curls, hitches and comebacks. Assigning leverages don't seem as effective to me as before. However, the CPU seems to be playing tighter coverage, which I like.

stinkubus 12-01-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke6 (Post 2049621014)
All of a sudden wr bubble screens are to the house almost every time no matter what and D line gets no pressure at all everyone is blocked perfectly and my opponent ran this same play 5 times in a row and scored every time until I conceded!

What the hell is going on

This probably isn't tuner related. Some of the bubble screens are very, very hard to stop to the point you almost have to commit your user to it. They were also good last year so this isn't really new.

If I need to drive the length of the field in a short amount of time I almost always open that possession with a bubble screen. If the opponent tries to play any type of prevent set up it's an easy 15+ especially if your receiver has good AGI and ball carrier moves.