Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   The Madden franchise is out of touch with NFL fans (/forums/showthread.php?t=943077)

Phillyboi207 12-03-2018 10:59 AM

The Madden franchise is out of touch with NFL fans

I say this is as someone that has played every single Madden since 2003. I even think Madden 05 was better than NFL 2k (great game but overrated imo)

This is the first Madden I dont plan on buying because I feel disrespected as a consumer. I’ve suffered through horribly monotonous franchise modes. Through barren training modes, questionable AI, sliders that dont work correctly ect. To me the biggest insult is the fact that they deliberately removed defensive holding and won’t even put in the effort to fix it. We see defensive holding fairly often irl and it’s a realistic punishment for people that constantly press.

It may seem small but to me mindset of ignoring the small details is what has led to the current state of the game. Madden used to have one of the best franchise modes around. One of the best set of tutorials (minicamp) , working sliders, better QB AI, better RB AI, better playcalling ect. Those types of things always get put on the backburher for a new UT feature or buggy animation system.

So the main point of this is to point out some of the smaller things that were in Madden before that is missing now. My main two right now.

1)Bring defensive holding back

2) Bring back the old free agency system. Things like location, winning culture, coach, money should all matter to varying degrees depending on the player.

roadman 12-03-2018 11:18 AM

Re: The Madden franchise is out of touch with NFL fans

There won't be too many people disagreeing with your post, there are a lot of things missing in Madden that needs improvements.

Just depends on where they are located on EA's priority list.

At the high end, the Chiefs have 11 defensive holdings called in 12 games, which averages out to less than 1 per game. Compare that to the Bears, and they have 1 DH called in 12 games, with a whole bunch of other teams filling out the rest in between.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/...2018&view=team

I've tweeted Clint about bringing back DH just recently after the last tuner update, but haven't heard back, but they don't answer every tweet either. I will tell us this much, though, that tweet didn't bring one like on Twitter, nada, not one. So, once again, DH isn't popular with the Twitter community.

StefJoeHalt 12-03-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2049625137)
There won't be too many people disagreeing with your post, there are a lot of things missing in Madden that needs improvements.

Just depends on where they are located on EA's priority list.

At the high end, the Chiefs have 11 defensive holdings called in 12 games, which averages out to less than 1 per game. Compare that to the Bears, and they have 1 DH called in 12 games, with a whole bunch of other teams filling out the rest in between.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/...2018&view=team

I've tweeted Clint about bringing back DH just recently after the last tuner update, but haven't heard back, but they don't answer every tweet either. I will tell us this much, though, that tweet didn't bring one like on Twitter, nada, not one. So, once again, DH isn't popular with the Twitter community.

Roadman I understand you point..what I noticed though with Madden and Twitter is this..franchise players, “sim” players, use OS and MUT and multiplayer tend to be on Twitter..that isn’t to say your post on Twitter does not deserve a “like”..but like minds who like DH I feel aren’t on twitter as much.. just my Hypothesis

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

roadman 12-03-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt (Post 2049625168)
Roadman I understand you point..what I noticed though with Madden and Twitter is this..franchise players, “sim” players, use OS and MUT and multiplayer tend to be on Twitter..that isn’t to say your post on Twitter does not deserve a “like”..but like minds who like DH I feel aren’t on twitter as much.. just my Hypothesis

And I guess my underlying point was is we are definitely outnumbered.

StefJoeHalt 12-03-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2049625169)

I would def agree with that

Phillyboi207 12-03-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2049625169)

I guarantee if we spoke with our wallets they’d listen. Gotta stop giving them money to churn out the same game. One that’s even worse in many areas.

capa 12-03-2018 02:00 PM

Their concept of 3 different game play styles that they themselves touted should be improved. That would take care of many things like making penalties more prevalent in SIM mode, and making sure all types of penalties can and will be called in that mode.

It's a simple concept but one which they seem reluctant to follow or build upon.

C

stinkubus 12-03-2018 02:18 PM

Or maybe not buy a company's marketing hype? It's incredibly naive to expect three separate modes with that much differentiation; they might as well release three different titles.

Competitive mode *is* the game of Madden. If you want user control nerfed in favor of EA's RNG then play simulation. If you want ratings nerfed in favor of all user plays then play arcade.