Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   How do you guys play offline? (/forums/showthread.php?t=943379)

NEWSS 12-11-2018 03:51 AM

How do you guys play offline?

Just wondering what's, in your opinion, the most fun and durable offline mode to enjoy the game, except career that I did but I'm not willing to replay... edit: I have no friends who play the game

AydinDubstep 12-11-2018 07:20 AM

Re: How do you guys play offline?

Custom fight now and I change the sliders depending on who's fighting. Sometimes I sprinkle in grappling and striking only too, the occassional open weight tournament and use a pen and paper to track the results. That's about it really.

So fighters who are stamina based but not powerful like Bisping, I up their stamina and decrease power.

Fighters who are grapple heavy and like to hold positions, I drop the grappling speed of the opposite guy.

Fighters who are grapple heavy but more scramble / transition style, I increase the grapple speed of that fighter. Submission wizards get a sub speed boost.

Then I have unique guys like:

- Derrick Lewis who gets max stamina and max health with increased damage but fights on Normal difficulty. So he doesn't do much but if you get sloppy you dead.

- Ngannou who gets a power boost but stamina recovery off meaning every shot counts.

- Khabib who gets grapple speed increase, and the inverse for the opponent, but damage decreased so he can actually gnp from crucifix without KOing the opponent really easily.

- Anderson Silva has a power increase and stamina increase and fights on legendary difficulty. Wonderboy has a similar setup minus the power increase.

- Kickers usually get stamina buffs too.

- 5 rd fights both guys get stamina buffs.

The sliders and mixed modes & weightclasses keep offline interesting for me.

TheRizzzle 12-11-2018 08:14 AM

Creating your own offline Universe Mode. Book fights, keep track of wins/losses, create some sort of injury system/fight negotiator system if you're super nerdy like me and roll with it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

aholbert32 12-11-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRizzzle (Post 2049633057)
Creating your own offline Universe Mode. Book fights, keep track of wins/losses, create some sort of injury system/fight negotiator system if you're super nerdy like me and roll with it.

I'd love to hear about this system.

MeowingForVengeance 12-11-2018 11:08 AM

I like replaying career with different builds, in different divisions, on different difficulties, experimenting with sliders. Having different champions and rivals definitely helps, too.

But it's just something I do for casual fun now and then. Most of my time with the game is playing online quick fight or ranked. Next game definitely needs more/deeper offline modes, IMO.

rabbitfistssaipailo 12-11-2018 11:33 AM

Custom fight now is the best mode to play with friends .

Just set the grappling HUD to dynamic so it's a bit hard to see transitions . You can still see subs if there is only one sub available but it makes me appreciate the set up for a submission .

I don't like fighting the AI it's too passive and counters like a mutha****a but trust me the AI is great . skynet has done a very good job .

You can also mix up weight classes and do random fights between you and your mates .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

rabbitfistssaipailo 12-11-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AydinDubstep (Post 2049633033)
Custom fight now and I change the sliders depending on who's fighting. Sometimes I sprinkle in grappling and striking only too, the occassional open weight tournament and use a pen and paper to track the results. That's about it really.

So fighters who are stamina based but not powerful like Bisping, I up their stamina and decrease power.

Fighters who are grapple heavy and like to hold positions, I drop the grappling speed of the opposite guy.

Fighters who are grapple heavy but more scramble / transition style, I increase the grapple speed of that fighter. Submission wizards get a sub speed boost.

Then I have unique guys like:

- Derrick Lewis who gets max stamina and max health with increased damage but fights on Normal difficulty. So he doesn't do much but if you get sloppy you dead.

- Ngannou who gets a power boost but stamina recovery off meaning every shot counts.

- Khabib who gets grapple speed increase, and the inverse for the opponent, but damage decreased so he can actually gnp from crucifix without KOing the opponent really easily.

- Anderson Silva has a power increase and stamina increase and fights on legendary difficulty. Wonderboy has a similar setup minus the power increase.

- Kickers usually get stamina buffs too.

- 5 rd fights both guys get stamina buffs.

The sliders and mixed modes & weightclasses keep offline interesting for me.

I don't know if you remember but you were the one who gave me a tip about the dynamic grappling HUD so as to hide transitions .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

TheRizzzle 12-11-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2049633189)
I'd love to hear about this system.

It's super nerdy and I've been developing it for years. So it's gotten kind of in-depth.

I use an app called Decide Now and a coin.

The wheel below is spun whenever I want to book a fight. I flip the coin to determine time. Heads =1 month, tails=2 and sometimes I double the time for an outcome.

So if I land on "I'm Injured" when asking Conor McGregor if he'll fight Khabib in February, and I'm in December in my Universe and I flip the coin and it lands on heads 3 times in a row (a change in a result of the coin flip determines how long I flip), he won't be healthy enough to compete until, March which means I can't book him for any fight until March when he's medically cleared.

If I land on "More Money" and I land on tails 3 times, that means he wants 3× more money (so I'd need 3 yes' instead of the normal 1 for a fight signing). But the coin flip is also an indicator of time, so tails = 6 months until that outcome expires. So I book the fight six months out i only need 1 yes. (Fighters will hold out for more money, but only for so long).

As for injuries, after every event I flip the coin. If I land on tails, that indicates someone on the card I just did has been injured during the event. Again, I keep flipping until the result is broken (3 tails in a a row means 3 fighters are injured during the event). If it was heads on the first attempt, everyone walked away from the event healthy and is available to be booked ASAP.

Now, to determine which of my 10 fighters was hurt (or however many fought on the card). I due a random number generator app and select 1-10, then in this example, 3 outcomes, and I label the main event 1-2, co-main 3-4 and so on and so forth. (See below. In this example, those numbers indicate which fighters on the our prefer got hurt).

Now, once again, I flip the coin. However many results before something breaks the streak determines how many months the fighter will be injured. Heads =1 month, tails =2 months.

And then, I also have injuries for fights that have already been booked.

So before I simulate to my next date I do the same thing I did above for the upcoming events. Only difference is every fight in the upcoming months is at risk. So if I've booked 50 future fights, I label the fighters 1-100 based on when the fights at happening. Rinse repeats the coin flip steps.

Like i said, it's complicated and nerdy, but it's made for some interesting scenarios like champions getting hurt or injured and me having to strip titles or create interim titles.

Or creating back story for fights like one fighter immediately agreeing to a fight but the other holding our for some reason. So I've had some Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pac situations where I've wanted to book fights for years in my Universe but the timing hasn't quite worked out, but once it did, it felt bigger because I couldn't just throw it together. It created a sense of anticipation.