Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   How to develop your own sliders? (/forums/showthread.php?t=943778)

Bettis36 12-22-2018 04:04 PM

How to develop your own sliders?

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with creating sliders, how you did it, and are there other resources out there that can help explain this. I'm interested in developing a set of Coach Mode silders. Any help is appreciated.

smoove7 12-23-2018 12:14 AM

Re: How to develop your own sliders?

The way I usually do it is to stat with everything at 50. Then I go through a few games and begin to see patterns (too easy to run, etc) Then I make a change and repeat. Don't make 10 changes then you wont know what works and what does not.

You cannot go based off what you see in the forum related to slider settings. Your sliders are going to be different because no one plays exactly the same or wants the exact same thing. Go through the grind of trial and error, keep an excel sheet with changes and the results of those changes and dates as well. And also know that an EA update could ruin your sliders depending on what they decided to change. I think once you feel good about your sliders, you are in the ball park if EA does change things, but be prepared just in case.

If you are using OS forums, you wil drive yourself nuts with everyone's theories. Sliders that are broken, sliders that are backwards, this slider affects this and this penalty affects these sliders. I have been messing with sliders religiously for approximately 13 years with Madden and NCAA and these are facts.

JoshC1977 12-26-2018 12:24 PM

One piece of advice; ignore stats as a means of building sliders. Focus on making the adjustments based on the actions/animations that occur on the field. Make your own observations of "what happens if I change this". Do it until it looks right to you in all aspects. Once you have that, the stats will come, but they will come with a lot more variety.

cdcool 12-26-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoove7 (Post 2049643677)
The way I usually do it is to stat with everything at 50. Then I go through a few games and begin to see patterns (too easy to run, etc) Then I make a change and repeat. Don't make 10 changes then you wont know what works and what does not.

You cannot go based off what you see in the forum related to slider settings. Your sliders are going to be different because no one plays exactly the same or wants the exact same thing. Go through the grind of trial and error, keep an excel sheet with changes and the results of those changes and dates as well. And also know that an EA update could ruin your sliders depending on what they decided to change. I think once you feel good about your sliders, you are in the ball park if EA does change things, but be prepared just in case.

If you are using OS forums, you wil drive yourself nuts with everyone's theories. Sliders that are broken, sliders that are backwards, this slider affects this and this penalty affects these sliders. I have been messing with sliders religiously for approximately 13 years with Madden and NCAA and these are facts.

You ain't lyin

cdcool 12-26-2018 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bettis36 (Post 2049643425)
I apologize if this has been covered before, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with creating sliders, how you did it, and are there other resources out there that can help explain this. I'm interested in developing a set of Coach Mode silders. Any help is appreciated.

You gotta sit down and watch games to see how the game plays at various settings, no matter where you start.

cdcool 12-27-2018 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoove7 (Post 2049643677)

I'll say it again, you ain't lyin our join dates are close

Matt10 12-27-2018 06:21 PM

Be ready to play the same game over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Then play the next game. Then another with different scales, such as a 70 ovr vs a 95 ovr. Then close that gap such as a 70 v 70, 80 v 80, and so forth.

Like Josh said, pay attention to animations and actions on the field.

charter04 12-29-2018 03:54 PM

Depends on how deep you want to go. Lol. There are a number of different ways to skin that cat. I would start with a few things. What difficulty you want to use. If you want to use a no slider change method or not. If you want to use the penalties as gameplay modifiers or just as penalties. If you want more fun or more realistic gameplay. If you want speed to be a big deal or not as much. Do you want more challenge or more of a simulation.

I know you mentioned coach mode. At least that eliminates some of those.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk