Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   For Those That Didn't Know, Mike Wang Got Noticed From Posting on the OS Forums (IGN) (/forums/showthread.php?t=943832)

Steve_OS 12-24-2018 12:28 PM

For Those That Didn't Know, Mike Wang Got Noticed From Posting on the OS Forums (IGN)

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12...ign-unfiltered

https://youtu.be/ktX9vO-ofT4

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ktX9vO-ofT4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is how Mike Wang got into the sports gaming industry. It never gets old for me when I hear Mike talk about this.

Mike isn't the only one to get a job in the industry from posting at OS. You never know who's watching...

Make sure to check out the teaser video at IGN, the full video will be available on Wednesday.

Kushmir 12-24-2018 12:35 PM

Re: For Those That Didn't Know, Mike Wang Got Noticed From Posting on the OS Forums (

That's so friggin' epic. [emoji23]

janmagn 12-24-2018 01:16 PM

Re: For Those That Didn't Know, Mike Wang Got Noticed From Posting on the OS Forums (

Talk about forgetting about where he came from...

Lähetetty minun LG-M250 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Poke 12-24-2018 02:29 PM

They need to hire some of the slider community and modders, ijs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

ksuttonjr76 12-24-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janmagn (Post 2049644629)
Talk about forgetting about where he came from...

Lähetetty minun LG-M250 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Stop....it's call having corporate bosses and shareholders who pay your salary....

ILLSmak 12-24-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 (Post 2049644686)
Stop....it's call having corporate bosses and shareholders who pay your salary....

Remember live? Money matters but Mike plus any old engine would probably be better than what we get now on both sides. I don't think Mike is some perfect bball catalyst but we've seen what sort of impact he can make.

Yknow take inside drive 04 add some programmers and Mike and you might be surprised haha. All these gms and engines are capable of being more realistic. He left live cuz creative differences or whatever. His 2k money is prol mad more but dude needs to man up and say my way or find someone else. Not like he could not go many other places. He might lose his lavish lifestyle o well. Life of an artist. Be an artist Mike!

Artists are defined by legacy not salary

-Smak

ksuttonjr76 12-24-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILLSmak (Post 2049644866)
Remember live? Money matters but Mike plus any old engine would probably be better than what we get now on both sides. I don't think Mike is some perfect bball catalyst but we've seen what sort of impact he can make.

Yknow take inside drive 04 add some programmers and Mike and you might be surprised haha. All these gms and engines are capable of being more realistic. He left live cuz creative differences or whatever. His 2k money is prol mad more but dude needs to man up and say my way or find someone else. Not like he could not go many other places. He might lose his lavish lifestyle o well. Life of an artist. Be an artist Mike!

Artists are defined by legacy not salary

-Smak

Salary pays bills. Mike is good at what he does, but he's not irreplaceable. I'm just saying. To this day, I don't know what EA was doing with Live. They made mistakes after mistakes after mistakes, but their biggest problem is largely due to the current game engine. Live tried to change the game engine overnight, while 2K Sports too baby steps.

ILLSmak 12-24-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 (Post 2049644878)
Salary pays bills. Mike is good at what he does, but he's not irreplaceable. I'm just saying. To this day, I don't know what EA was doing with Live. They made mistakes after mistakes after mistakes, but their biggest problem is largely due to the current game engine. Live tried to change the game engine overnight, while 2K Sports too baby steps.

He is irreplaceable. They can get someone else but it's not him. Just like u can have Roseanne w o Roseanne or two and a half men without Charlie and it'll still work but it's a step down.

What I meant re live was that he went to live and they improved dramatically. Mike can get a job many places. It's not like he's gonna be out on the street if he doesn't go with 2ks "shareholder tactics", the moment he realized it was negatively impacting the gm he should have been like hode up. I helped build this ish, why are we changing?

Just my 2c.

-Smak