Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   What’s the point... (/forums/showthread.php?t=943855)

nova91 12-25-2018 02:22 AM

What’s the point...

lolOf being able to adjust minutes in MyCareer if the game ignores it? I have my minutes set to 24 yet I average almost 30 mpg...even in blowouts I’m playing almost the whole 4th.

In comparison LeBron is set to 48 just to up his playing time yet he averages 26 mpg and is on the bench in close games and doesn’t play for extended stretches during the 4th. He averages 1.7 fpg so foul trouble isn’t the issue besides they keep players in the game that have 2-4 fouls in the first half or quarter. I have end of the rotation bench players on the court in the 4th during close games when their minutes are zeroed out.

Also what’s the point of the ask out of the game option during blowouts if the game is just gonna continue to play you anyway? I asked to be taken out of the game mid 3rd quarter with a 41 point lead...I had 13 points(4/4 from the field and 5/5 from the line), 11 boards, 16 assists and 0 turnovers in 26 minutes...I check the stats at the end of the game I have 18 points, 12 boards, 17 assists, 5 turnovers and 35 minutes, while shooting 5/11 from the field(0/5 from 3) and 8/13 from the line. We won by 44 in the end so why was I playing another 9 minutes?

Lakerplayer8 12-26-2018 02:22 AM

Re: What’s the point...

I was very excited the year they added the "ask out" feature. Obviously like you I was underwhelmed to see it doesn't really work. I even would call time out and then ASK OUT to see if that would make it so my stats stay the same since im clearly on the bench now.

But Nope some how the game simmed me back in the game to accrue more points/rebounds etc. So yeah "ask out" doesnt really work how it should

nova91 12-26-2018 04:24 PM

I don’t get it...other starters are taken out with huge leads why am I the only one still playing...we have depth at every position with good players coming of the bench and even some of our 3rd string guys can hold it down during their time on the court...after all this time I figured 2K could handle rotations and minutes in MC but I guess I’m wrong.

ItchyNscratchy 12-26-2018 08:58 PM

I play 12 min quarters and give my starting lineup all 48 minutes. I think the max you can put yourself is 36 so what coach does is let me play the first 3 quarters with no sub out and the 4th quarter he sits me until about 1:30 left in the game. This only works because i usually have a 40 point lead at the end of the 3rd but if the game is neck and neck, the coach will make you stay in the game