Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   What Teams Are Rising and Falling in MLB 19 The Show (/forums/showthread.php?t=944241)

Steve_OS 01-02-2019 10:00 AM

What Teams Are Rising and Falling in MLB 19 The Show

In the current era of three true outcomes, it may only take one strategic transaction to...

Written By: Jeff Botkin

Click here to view the article.

Caulfield 01-02-2019 08:01 PM

Re: What Teams Are Rising and Falling in MLB 19 The Show

I think there is still some oomph left in Josh Donaldson, which bodes well for Atlanta. The steal of the year has to go to St. Lou lifting Goldschmidt from Arizona. I think Bryce Harper is overrated and Washington wont miss him near as much as losing a supposed $300 million man should.

b22gamer 01-03-2019 11:32 AM

SDS working on Franchise Mode (Winner) SDS neglecting the mode for another year (Loser)

tessl 01-03-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulfield (Post 2049652379)
I think there is still some oomph left in Josh Donaldson, which bodes well for Atlanta. The steal of the year has to go to St. Lou lifting Goldschmidt from Arizona. I think Bryce Harper is overrated and Washington wont miss him near as much as losing a supposed $300 million man should.

Cards problem is Goldschmidt and Ozuna are both in the final year of their contract and their starting pitching is suspect. If I had the Cards in the show I'd try to unload Fowler and his contract to clear room but I intend to carry over my Pirates franchise so it won't matter.

IRL the Cards are making a one year run. After that the future is uncertain.

bacon96 01-06-2019 04:12 PM

There's a couple pictures in the article bugging me. I believe it was already announced Goldy will wear #46 for St. Louis and Robby Cano will wear #24 for the Mets.

As for the actual content of the article, A.J. Pollock is a free agent so him being the "next man up" is completely incorrect.

Caulfield 01-06-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bacon96
As for the actual content of the article, A.J. Pollock is a free agent so him being the "next man up" is completely incorrect.

yep that should be probably be Eduardo Escobar next man up, though John Ryan Murphy has the power, if he can get the PA's to qualify. I might just have to forego playing a Rockies season in lieu of a D'Back season in 19, as my NL West team. Probably be a funner challenge. And if Pollock is still a free agent on the default roster, I'd sign him to Arizona.

Hayman19 01-07-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulfield (Post 2049652379)

I think Josh does as well. Having watched him here in Toronto and the way the medical staff constantly mis-handles player injuries on this team, a healthy Donaldson is a joy to watch. I couldn't believe my eyes when they ran him out there early last year with a bum arm and played him for almost a week. It was painful to watch them basically flush their best trade chip down the drain.

He may not be the MVP player he was, but he should still be a very good hitter and gives his all in the field. Loved Josh when he was here.