Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   College Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Conference Season Discussion (/forums/showthread.php?t=944336)

ImTellinTim 01-04-2019 04:19 PM

Conference Season Discussion

Not really getting much traction in the monthly threads, so we'll do one for the rest of the season up until the conference tournaments. Time for the meat of the season!

Michigan is officially a basketball school.

Sportsforever 01-05-2019 09:29 PM

Re: Conference Season Discussion

Florida kicked off conference play tonight with one of the worst displays of "how to lose a game" I've seen in a while. This team is just awful...

1) Up 58-44 in the 2nd half only to get outscored 27-11 the rest of the way, including not registering a made FG for the last 7 minutes of the game.

2) Despite that, they tie it up at 69-69 with 3 seconds left on a free throw...and proceed to defend the inbounds play in the worst fashion I have ever seen. Seriously...go find the video; what an abomination.

DamnYanks2 01-06-2019 01:16 AM

It pains me to say this. But college basketball is not really worth watching till March.

The referees are terrible. The games aren't easy on the eyes. It's not pretty.

College basketball ain't what it was.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

LowerWolf 01-06-2019 01:53 AM

We may be as good at basketball as we are bad at football.

phenom1990 01-06-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamnYanks2 (Post 2049655366)
It pains me to say this. But college basketball is not really worth watching till March.

The referees are terrible. The games aren't easy in the eyes. It's not pretty.

College basketball ain't what it was.

I still enjoy it and I think it’s better than what it gets credit for.

Saying that, I don’t enjoy it the same way I used to. I miss the old Big East and Big Mondays.

I have one conference race I get into because of my Alta mater but I don’t really have another conference that I just dedicate myself to watching like I did with the Big East.

It doesn’t seem like people get as worked up anymore in arguing what’s the better conference, what seed someone should get, who in who out and I miss that.

My last complaint and then I’ll get back to talking about this season. The hypocritical nature of fan bases and what they want their coaches and programs to be just drives me nuts. That and the NCAA having a rule book that they can’t possibly come close to enforcing.

Ok so it was 2 more complaints lol.

DamnYanks2 01-06-2019 12:54 PM

It just doesnt feel special to me anymore. Alot of these five stars are overrated as hell. The media and scouts hype these guys up to be game changers. And they aren't.

The officiating just drags games down to a halt. Theres not much flow. It can be rather boring at times.

countryboy 01-06-2019 08:38 PM

Louisville starts off ACC play with a win over Miami. UofL struggled early falling down by 15 at one point in the first half, but turned it around got to within one at the half, and then dominated the 2nd half.

Next up is a game Wednesday night at Pittsburgh. Need to get this one on the road.

canes21 01-07-2019 02:51 PM

I'll be surprised if Miami wins 4 conference games. This will be Coach L's worst team and the NCAA being the NCAA suspending Hernandez indefinitely doesn't help. Been able to get up on NCST and Louisville each, but run out of gas because there aren't enough bodies to play.