Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   (Most Likely) Unpopular Opinion (/forums/showthread.php?t=944483)

fzdoom 01-08-2019 02:29 PM

(Most Likely) Unpopular Opinion

2K needs to make a stand-alone street/neighborhood game. Maybe im showing my age here (36) but I buy NBA2k every year to play with NBA teams and NBA Players with NBA atmosphere and NBA announcers. MyLeague, MyTeam, Play Now Online are the only modes I need.

Then, players who prefer to create a fictional player and pay to have that player have a high rating and play streetball in the neighborhood, etc. can have their own game. The servers for each game would have much less stress on them and would run much smoother. You can call it NBA2k: The Neighborhood and call it a day.

Schnoodle321 01-08-2019 05:10 PM

Re: (Most Likely) Unpopular Opinion

Quote:

Originally Posted by fzdoom (Post 2049657954)
2K needs to make a stand-alone street/neighborhood game. Maybe im showing my age here (36) but I buy NBA2k every year to play with NBA teams and NBA Players with NBA atmosphere and NBA announcers. MyLeague, MyTeam, Play Now Online are the only modes I need.

Then, players who prefer to create a fictional player and pay to have that player have a high rating and play streetball in the neighborhood, etc. can have their own game. The servers for each game would have much less stress on them and would run much smoother. You can call it NBA2k: The Neighborhood and call it a day.

Agree 100%

howardphillips214 01-08-2019 06:22 PM

You are in the extreme minority. Maybe not on this site, but in the vast majority of players the pay to win modes are the most popular.

ksuttonjr76 01-08-2019 10:02 PM

Why would that do that when the easiest thing to do is for you not to press "A" or "X" on the modes that you don't play?

Hustle Westbrook 01-08-2019 10:18 PM

Lol what? All you have to do is not play the mode lol.

And the 2K servers have been bad since before Park and MyCareer was even a thing.

keshunleon 01-08-2019 10:52 PM

You do realize when they release updates it effects all modes?

Yeah the servers are trash and have been for years but most of the updates are to fix online issues.

FixEverything2k 01-09-2019 12:09 AM

Its also about gameplay being destroyed by nerfs and buffs to hold the hands or punish online neighbourhood players.

If you seperate the game or atleast the patches, less complaints will be heard from offline/offpark players

GisherJohn24 01-09-2019 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fzdoom (Post 2049657954)

i wouldn't mind this, but I want my offline modes again like the "jordan challenge" I remember years later the anniversary edition for "kobe" and they gave nothing, no mode about Kobe, just focusing on VC and my career. Fun factor has died from this game. My only love for the game is playing with friends, and a full fledged blacktop mode like you said, would help.