Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Can you actually rebuild in the show? (/forums/showthread.php?t=944576)

detroitlions12 01-09-2019 07:53 PM

Can you actually rebuild in the show?

I’m a tigers fan and we’ll if you know baseball we are in the beginning stages of a long rebuild. I want to take the tigers and rebuild them but the question is can I actually do it.

What I mean is drafting players and developing them in the minors for a few years and then bring them up and have a decent team at the end of it (prospects you’ve raised and then adding in FA talent where needed to round out the team) Do prospects actually turn out to be something or is this a waste of time to invest in.

countryboy 01-09-2019 08:24 PM

Re: Can you actually rebuild in the show?

Prospects will develop in the game. My starting left fielder is a guy I drafted that 3 years later is rated 80 with now an A potential. He started with a B potential and rated upper 60’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Armor and Sword 01-10-2019 11:30 AM

It takes time and patience. Just like IRL. If you want to rebuild via the farm system.

But you can rebuild with a combination of farm, trades and free agency. Up to you.

zippy2212 01-10-2019 12:38 PM

You can definitely rebuild. As has been said it just takes time. My starting catcher, 2B and CF'er are all drafted players. They are rated 82 or better. Also have 2 starters I drafted that have OVR's over 80.
I'm in year 8 of my franchise and all 5 of them were drafted in the first 4 years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

detroitlions12 01-10-2019 02:48 PM

Thanks guys for the response. I think I’m going to try it out. We’ve got a few starting pitcher prospects that are good, so it really comes down to getting positional players.

brunopuntzjones 01-10-2019 02:59 PM

There's definitely a good chance of getting fired if your team doesn't start winning to some extent within three years, though.

One thing I wish they would add is situational contracts. Everything is three years by default, but it would be cool if you could receive offers for, say, 5 years from a rebuilding club or 2 from a contender. Alternatively, if you're really successfully, you might get lengthy extension offers from your current team. (Would also be nice if you could consider leaving a contract early.)

Bullit 01-10-2019 04:29 PM

Yes you can. I have always wanted to try a rebuild in The Show and this was the year that I decided to give it a try. Especially with Carry Over saves, I felt that it was finally the time to try this. Plus I really love 18 and if I stick with it, will be completely happy to play this for years.

Back on topic. I started a Padres franchise and decided to build primarily thru the farm system for a long haul, big picture type of rebuild. I have been playing most of my minor league games as well and really enjoy watching players grow. So I am in my 3rd year and finishing up May. I am not really a contender or even really a spoiler for anybody yet. But the bigger teams can no longer take me for granted. Last year I finished 3 games over .500.

Next year if my Minors keep progressing well and I can find some more wins, I could start being a headache for the bigger clubs. I have kept my payroll down below 100 million. Right now I am around 80 Million. If that big player develops I have the money to lock them down and can really build a Dynasty. Which is my game plan.

I honestly have never had as much fun with this game as I have had this year. Playing this way and with this team has really made a world of difference for me. The investment I feel and the Love I have for these fictional sprites is just amazing.

TripleCrown 01-10-2019 05:34 PM

A feature I would love is having the option to start a franchise right after World Series so you can go through all the offseason and start a real rebuild right away.