Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Super Bowl 53: Los Angeles Rams vs. New England Patriots (/forums/showthread.php?t=945074)

ProfessaPackMan 01-20-2019 10:19 PM

Super Bowl 53: Los Angeles Rams vs. New England Patriots

(Insert random Boston vs LA storyline)

LambertandHam 01-20-2019 10:23 PM

Re: Super Bowl 53: Los Angeles Rams vs. New England Patriots

Over/under number of stories using Magic and Bird at 10.

Sportsforever 01-20-2019 10:28 PM

Patriots will undress the Rams...Goff isn't Mahomes and we saw how they slowed him down. If Gurley is still unavailable I see the Patriots winning by 10. It should be noted the Patriots have never blown anyone out in a SB, but I don't see the Rams winning this.

superjames1992 01-20-2019 10:30 PM

Go Rams!!!

x_NBA_x 01-20-2019 10:31 PM

As I mentioned in the AFC thread, Brady will have played in 17% of all Superbowls. That's an insane statistic.

SPTO 01-20-2019 10:33 PM

Some interesting things jump out about this matchup:

1. The roles are flipped, heading into SB 36 the Pats were massive underdogs against a high powered offense with a QB who's won it before against a young team especially at QB who was going through his first SB experience. Now it's the opposite.

2. The Rams had changed to their darker uniform when they faced the Pats in that SB after dumping their classic yellow and blue and they lost. This time the Rams are dumping their (not so popular) white and blue unis with their classic throwbacks.

3. The coaching dynamics are similar in that McVay is the hotshot offensive minded coach against a cagey defensive genius. Bilichick's genius stature has only grown since then but it's the same dynamic overall.

4. Unlike SB 36 the Rams actually have a defense that's almost as good as their offense at least on paper (and during this playoff run) unlike SB 36 where their defense was mediocre at best.

5. This was the matchup at the start of the Patriots dynasty. This could be the matchup for the end of said dynasty.

x_NBA_x 01-20-2019 10:37 PM

Teams Superbowl appearances in their full history:

Steelers - 8
Cowboys - 8
Broncos - 8

Brady - 9.

Master Live 013 01-20-2019 10:41 PM

If the Patriots lose I'm looking forward to a broken down Brady hobbling out of the field while this play in the background:

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bYLbASoecyc" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>