Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Receivers Will NOT Make a Play on the Ball (/forums/showthread.php?t=946069)

Meddera 02-03-2019 04:27 PM

Receivers Will NOT Make a Play on the Ball

1 Attachment(s)
So playing All Madden, and I know everything is more ridiculous, but this sort of crap happens on all difficulty levels. Why do the corners and secondary make a play on the ball but my WR's don't?

Look at the attached image. This is a skinny post route. I threw to OBJ on the right side because there was no safety help. Although the corner Ramsey had tight coverage, OBJ had the inside which in my book means he is open on this particular route. I throw the pass and the QB leads the receiver as he should but OBJ does not go after the ball. Instead the CB plays like the WR and runs the route perfectly. Ramsey actually trailed OBJ slightly but accelerated through the pattern to intercept the pass like he was the effing receiver on the play.

Why the hell does this game operate like this? It Is absolutely maddening. This receiver is open in the NFL. He has inside positioning on a GD post route. He shouldn't have to be 5 yards clear of his man. In fact, in the NFL that doesn't happen very often.

stinkubus 02-03-2019 05:47 PM

Re: Receivers Will NOT Make a Play on the Ball

Defender has inside leverage? If anything all the space is to their outside shoulder. A fade up the seam looks like a one play TD to me.

Rayzaa 02-03-2019 06:54 PM

All the top LBs and CBs are super players in 2019. Make Odell your #2 WR to not face Ramsey.

Meddera 02-03-2019 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayzaa (Post 2049681266)
All the top LBs and CBs are super players in 2019. Make Odell your #2 WR to not face Ramsey.

We think alike. I tried to move OBJ to 2nd receiver AI kept Ramsey wherever I put him. Even on trips when OBJ takes inside receiver Ramsey was there. Smart sob.

Meddera 02-03-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinkubus (Post 2049681228)
Defender has inside leverage? If anything all the space is to their outside shoulder. A fade up the seam looks like a one play TD to me.

Even with inside leverage OBJ can make that catch with a safety 10 yards away. So no reason not to drive up like the pattern would suggest he should do.

And yeah you're right looks like outside would have been the play. I don't recall what defense they were in but does look like cover 1.

openureyez 02-04-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinkubus (Post 2049681228)

When I see this play out the receiver has inside position until the ball is released. Then the cornerback gets a turbo boost animation power up and warps 4 yards across and through the receiver. Not sure if that’s what the OP meant but it happens. If the defender had inside position then this looks like the right outcome. Still why won’t the wideouts drive through a catch? They hate the football and seem to avoid it all cost.

Jagsfan24 02-04-2019 01:33 PM

This kind of stuff has been happening for awhile in madden, I hope they fix this in the future because yeah the DBs usually win the battle every time.

You can try lowering the int slider or raising the wr catch slider and see if that helps somewhat

Meddera 02-04-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by openureyez (Post 2049681834)
When I see this play out the receiver has inside position until the ball is released. Then the cornerback gets a turbo boost animation power up and warps 4 yards across and through the receiver. Not sure if that’s what the OP meant but it happens. If the defender had inside position then this looks like the right outcome. Still why won’t the wideouts drive through a catch? They hate the football and seem to avoid it all cost.

Receiver had inside and a couple steps on defender. Ball was thrown and led the receiver. CB turbo boosted on outside and intercepted pass. Basically like I said he played the part of the receiver. Why didn't the receiver accelerate to the ball?

It is basically the opposite of how I see it on Sunday's. I often see a receiver making a play on a hapless corner. In this game the corners beat my receivers to dust. They outplay them to the ball every single time, and if they cant get there in time they still tattoo the hell out of them a la 1985 and the ball goes flying.