Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Kickers as o-line (/forums/showthread.php?t=946070)

ksweet6 02-03-2019 05:05 PM

Kickers as o-line

Moved kickers to o-line. CPU vs cpu pass block slider at 0 and still had over 600 total yards

Meddera 02-03-2019 07:42 PM

Re: Kickers as o-line

Wtf? Lol.

I'm beginning to think the pass block sliders do nothing. Several sliders I can see a massive difference, but pass block I have gone from 0 to 100 and I just cannot tell. I get it may be slight, but you should be able to tell a difference between 0 and 100 easily.

underdog13 02-03-2019 09:17 PM

Pass blocking slider sucks

ggsimmonds 02-04-2019 01:56 AM

We go through this every year guys. The problem is that maddens rating range is too narrow.

Ever see a kicker try to tackle in real life? Watch a kicker tackle in Madden. They don’t match.

I don’t know the specifics, but each attribute has a practical floor where when the rating goes below that it doesn’t really have an in game effect. I think 60 is the floor for many attributes

mlb61 02-04-2019 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggsimmonds (Post 2049681569)
We go through this every year guys. The problem is that maddens rating range is too narrow.

Ever see a kicker try to tackle in real life? Watch a kicker tackle in Madden. They don’t match.

I don’t know the specifics, but each attribute has a practical floor where when the rating goes below that it doesn’t really have an in game effect. I think 60 is the floor for many attributes

Does any NFL team line kickers in the O-line to see how they block? Personally I think time is better spent improving realistic game play than worrying about the results of totally unrealistic situations.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 02-04-2019 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlb61 (Post 2049681609)
Does any NFL team line kickers in the O-line to see how they block? Personally I think time is better spent improving realistic game play than worrying about the results of totally unrealistic situations.

I believe that's kind of the point. Sliders are a tool to help make the game more realistic for the user, but if they don't work, you may be stuck with a less realistic game. Some of that could be user skill, but often it isn't. Either way, working sliders help.

ggsimmonds 02-04-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlb61 (Post 2049681609)

Kickers as lineman is simply the favorite way to illustrate the ratings problem.

But it is a realistic gameplay issue.

Meddera 02-04-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggsimmonds (Post 2049681637)
Kickers as lineman is simply the favorite way to illustrate the ratings problem.

But it is a realistic gameplay issue.

Yes if you look in Frosty you can see in most cases anything below 50 or 60 does not matter due to the floatcurves. But as was stated I don't really care about how a kicker performs on the line, but I do care that the pass block sliders are worthless.

Go change the tackling sliders, or WR catching sliders, you can see the impact immediately, but pass blocking just pick a spot, you're likely not going to be able to tell a difference.