Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show 19 Video - Gameplay Trailer Rewind (/forums/showthread.php?t=946628)

Steve_OS 02-07-2019 06:02 PM

MLB The Show 19 Video - Gameplay Trailer Rewind

Ramone Russell breaks down the recent MLB The Show 19 gameplay trailer, which was released a...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Armor and Sword 02-07-2019 06:11 PM

Re: MLB The Show 19 Video - Gameplay Trailer Rewind

Really looking forward to that gameplay stream now. Branching to make a play after an error or knocking a tough hard hit ball down.....cool stuff. We already had bad reads and jumps on fly balls but it looks like they tuned it even more. Defense will matter more.

Also.......start a career with a legend player looks like it will be a reality (Babe Ruth and then the tier team select screen).

Again though......want to see franchise mode and presentation stuff later on this month. It is critical to me.

CoiaNY 02-07-2019 06:14 PM

The new tag system does look good. Not a RTTS or DD guy, so the rest, even the legends, honestly doesn't interest me at all..

Caulfield 02-07-2019 06:15 PM

I expect defense to put me over the top this year my run for the Cu Young

breakfastcat 02-07-2019 06:16 PM

New way to bunt? :y11::y11:

baumy300 02-07-2019 06:17 PM

Sure hope they have the option to use solid colored socks without the MLB logo/team marking.

Realistic and up to date no doubt, but without a slew of new throwback uni's or a creator it would be a big knock to the retro crowd.

Not even worried about gameplay, will be solid like usual.

Edit: Noticed when they dropped the trailer but forgot to mention they have new Mariners throwbacks in as well. You can tell by them not having that nauseating MLB tag on the back of the pants.

Bondsfan 02-07-2019 06:20 PM

I like the idea of a new fielding system (bad defenders punishing you, value in good defenders, etc), though we'll see if it truly makes that big of a difference. The trailer breakdown gave me a few takeaways:

1. Defense is the biggest gameplay change they focused on this year
2. Diamond Dynasty got a bunch of new legends, some more than once at different stages of their career
3. RTTS was worked on. Will have to wait to see how much changed in that stream to clarify what all changed in RTTS. They made a point that they had several developers working on RTTS to improve it this year.
4. Franchise wasn't mentioned, and it's looking really likely that they are just carrying over 2018's franchise mode. While they made a point to say multiple devs worked to improve RTTS, not mentioning Franchise is an obvious bad sign for franchise players

nemesis04 02-07-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastcat (Post 2049686240)
New way to bunt? :y11::y11:

Isn’t that just the influence of which direction you want it?