Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Un-feintable strikes and automatic level changes (/forums/showthread.php?t=946949)

HereticFighter 02-13-2019 07:41 AM

Un-feintable strikes and automatic level changes

I'm sure many of you have noticed there are several strikes that just can't be feinted, or are very very inconsistent. The forward moving lead leg kick comes to mind, as well as forward moving body kicks. I thought this might be a good place to compile a list of strikes that won't feint.

The other issue, some of you don't seem to mind. Auto level changes on strikes. I understand the logic, but I pick the strike i input for a reason. Usually what happens is i plant and go for a head kick cause I know the opponent is going to back straight up. By the time the kick actually comes out they will be in perfect range for the head-kick. However the game decided that when I threw the kick i was too close for head kick. So it converts to a body kick which is easily catchable. Then later in the same fight the guy will hit 1-2 headkick from phonebooth range to the point the animation looks totally wrong as the leg contorts to a silly angle. Same thing happens with the front kick to the face, it converts to a knee sometimes and hits air. If it hits air then its clearly not knee range.

This stuff needs to go for the next game, its too inconsistent and usually costs me rather than helps.

dfab14 02-13-2019 07:46 AM

Re: Un-feintable strikes and automatic level changes

The forward moving lead leg kick is the one that really stands out for me cause I like to feint the kick then throw a straight but it fails to register the leg kick being cancelled I just thought it was user error maybe not though

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

RomeroXVII 02-13-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfab14 (Post 2049691248)
The forward moving lead leg kick is the one that really stands out for me cause I like to feint the kick then throw a straight but it fails to register the leg kick being cancelled I just thought it was user error maybe not though

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Yeah, it's annoying. Also the jab hitting the block apparently putting you at kick range is also annoying, which is why the phonebooth head kicks that OP described happen.

That knee issue is ESPECIALLY annoying, the front kick counter is my go-to, but I've been dropped because of it converting because my opponent decided to inch himself in a little bit closer, if anything, he should have been eating a stronger front kick to the face, the audacity of him to step into my foots personal space.

HereticFighter 02-13-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomeroXVII (Post 2049691254)
Yeah, it's annoying. Also the jab hitting the block apparently putting you at kick range is also annoying, which is why the phonebooth head kicks that OP described happen.

That knee issue is ESPECIALLY annoying, the front kick counter is my go-to, but I've been dropped because of it converting because my opponent decided to inch himself in a little bit closer, if anything, he should have been eating a stronger front kick to the face, the audacity of him to step into my foots personal space.

Hmm i didn't know that about the jab causing the headkick issue. At least knowing that should make it more predictable. I finally got my girlfriend playing this game and the auto-level change on strikes has been her biggest complaint so far. She only plays UT solo challenges and career etc so she won't notice the issues the way we do.

SUGATA 02-16-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereticFighter (Post 2049691246)
I'm sure many of you have noticed there are several strikes that just can't be feinted, or are very very inconsistent. The forward moving lead leg kick comes to mind, as well as forward moving body kicks. I thought this might be a good place to compile a list of strikes that won't feint.

The other issue, some of you don't seem to mind. Auto level changes on strikes. I understand the logic, but I pick the strike i input for a reason. Usually what happens is i plant and go for a head kick cause I know the opponent is going to back straight up. By the time the kick actually comes out they will be in perfect range for the head-kick. However the game decided that when I threw the kick i was too close for head kick. So it converts to a body kick which is easily catchable. Then later in the same fight the guy will hit 1-2 headkick from phonebooth range to the point the animation looks totally wrong as the leg contorts to a silly angle. Same thing happens with the front kick to the face, it converts to a knee sometimes and hits air. If it hits air then its clearly not knee range.

This stuff needs to go for the next game, its too inconsistent and usually costs me rather than helps.

Agree.

Bad animation of some FWD Moving strikes Feints (almost NO animation at all) - is an animation issue. Example: FWD moving lead leg kick.

Kick AUTO transforming into Knee - is an issue also, b/c the system can not predict opponent's follow up movement direction and counts only right here (no human anticipation role).
> How to solve: remove auto transforming. Make a real time partial move with decreased properties (instead of Front kick into Knee on closing opponent you get half way Front kick with decreased amplitude (dmg) and unbalancing = more realistic, more risk/reward (reward on moving away opponent, fail on closing opponent)
+
it allows to neglect opponent kick simply my Locomotion (by LS).

Good Grappler 02-17-2019 01:24 AM

You can’t cancel any sway punches. Surprised that isn’t brought up more

SUGATA 02-17-2019 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Grappler (Post 2049694568)
You can’t cancel any sway punches. Surprised that isn’t brought up more

Agree
Swaying strike feint MUST TO BE in the game.
Remember boxing Marquez VS Paquae - Marqez used it a lot, for discovering opponent’s reaction scripts to SS and to counter them or to force them to put down their attention to his SS b/c of Feints.

RomeroXVII 02-17-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUGATA (Post 2049694592)
Agree
Swaying strike feint MUST TO BE in the game.
Remember boxing Marquez VS Paquae - Marqez used it a lot, for discovering opponent’s reaction scripts to SS and to counter them or to force them to put down their attention to his SS b/c if Feints.

Yep, I agree wholeheartedly here.

They also have to fix some issues with hooks being treated as straight strikes, which leads them getting slip straighted as well, and also range inconsistencies.

Check out @ARomeroXVII’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ARomeroXVII/stat...171766784?s=09