Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   OOTP Baseball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=632)
-   -   Quick question about OOTP (/forums/showthread.php?t=947284)

KBLover 02-22-2019 05:50 PM

Re: Quick question about OOTP

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyo (Post 2049699287)
Where do I check to make sure I have all the updates for 19?

Just picked up and started an all time Braves team and was surprised that Dale Murphy and Lew Burdette was not on there.

If you got it on Steam, you don't have to worry about that. Steam will do what it does for all games (queue/start updates as they are pushed out).

Otherwise:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3935

Patches are stickied and you can check the last version against your version of the game.

Unlucky 13 02-22-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBLover (Post 2049699665)
If you got it on Steam, you don't have to worry about that. Steam will do what it does for all games (queue/start updates as they are pushed out).

Otherwise:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3935

Patches are stickied and you can check the last version against your version of the game.

Does that mean that there's no need to wait for the new version to come out, like we would for The Show or Madden?

WaitTilNextYear 02-22-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlucky 13 (Post 2049699734)
Does that mean that there's no need to wait for the new version to come out, like we would for The Show or Madden?

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question, but let me take a crack anyway...

If you are talking about updating a current game with patches, then how you do this or if it happens automatically depends on whether you have the Steam version or e-Sellerate or App Store-- and whether it's PC or Mac--all that makes the actual procedure a bit different. For example, I have a PC and the e-Sellerate version purchased directly from OOTP (not through Steam) and whenever an update is available, the game prompts me about that when I open the program. Then I go to the OOTP developments forum and find the appropriate download link, re-download the game, re-install and that's that.

Most of the settings that you input into your game (saved games, artwork, menu options, mods, game settings) will not be affected at all when a new version/patch is installed. Some small things (for example, in-game camera views) are overwritten when an update is installed. You can make backup files for certain things if you are worried about anything getting messed up. Some changes that come with a patch/update do require that you start a new save for those specific changes to take effect--a new roster update is a good example of something that wouldn't be implemented into a save already in progress. If there are changes that require a new save game, that will noted be somewhere in the patch notes.

billyo 02-25-2019 01:25 PM

Guys, I downloaded it instead of getting off steam. 1. How do I get updates?
2. When the new game comes out, would you recommend steam? 3. Could I still carryover saved data if I switch to steam from a downloaded version?

Probable dumb questions, but I don't know the answers.

WaitTilNextYear 02-25-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyo (Post 2049701873)
2. When the new game comes out, would you recommend steam? 3. Could I still carryover saved data if I switch to steam from a downloaded version?

1. On loading, the game will prompt you when a new update is ready and you can click on the link or otherwise go to OOTP developments forum to find the download link.

2. Can't say...never bought it from Steam.

3. Steam or direct versions wouldn't affect that. The Steam or direct from OOTP basically just controls how you get your updates and whether you're tied in through Steam or not. All of your files will be generated locally on your computer so you can just drag and drop various files into/out of different folders as needed.

itsmb8 02-26-2019 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyo (Post 2049701873)

Dont buy from steam. Buy directly from the OOTP site because they get 100% of the money that way. Other than that, just download updates from the OOTP site and all data is locally stored, steam is just a way of starting the game.

beastmode2013 02-28-2019 02:45 AM

Steam and Origin versions should update automatically, though the Origin version tends to lag behind on updates by a couple days normally.

If you like baseball and/or very, very deep management, do no hesitate picking this up. Optional "Ultimate Team" mode is available as well. HIGHLY moddale and customization is virtually limitless. The dev team even frequently publishes updated seasons/rosters throughout the regular season i.e. all-star break and playoffs. OOTP 20 is out in about a month for around $15 more than 19, if you want to wait a bit for an even more polished product.

Mauer4MVP 02-28-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmb8 (Post 2049702528)
Dont buy from steam. Buy directly from the OOTP site because they get 100% of the money that way. Other than that, just download updates from the OOTP site and all data is locally stored, steam is just a way of starting the game.

The creators have said they like it either way because the more purchases on steam the more likely they are to get noticed by other steam users. They write it off as essentially an advertising cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Operation Sports mobile app