Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   OOTP Baseball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=632)
-   -   Quick question about OOTP (/forums/showthread.php?t=947284)

Mauer4MVP 02-28-2019 12:05 PM

Re: Quick question about OOTP

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastmode2013 (Post 2049704578)
Steam and Origin versions should update automatically, though the Origin version tends to lag behind on updates by a couple days normally.

If you like baseball and/or very, very deep management, do no hesitate picking this up. Optional "Ultimate Team" mode is available as well. HIGHLY moddale and customization is virtually limitless. The dev team even frequently publishes updated seasons/rosters throughout the regular season i.e. all-star break and playoffs. OOTP 20 is out in about a month for around $15 more than 19, if you want to wait a bit for an even more polished product.

I also think you can make it as in depth as you want. Want to evaluate players just on stats? Turn off ratings. Want ratings but dont want exact? You can adjust that.

Automate minor league assignments, signings, etc.

I'm somewhere in the middle.

Nothing beats a night of OOTP and baseball on the TV in the summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Operation Sports mobile app

WaitTilNextYear 02-28-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP (Post 2049704861)
The creators have said they like it either way because the more purchases on steam the more likely they are to get noticed by other steam users. They write it off as essentially an advertising cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Operation Sports mobile app

True. They are always lobbying for people that do purchase on Steam to leave a positive review.

Bruin26 03-08-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintrules (Post 2049697659)
If OOTP had a football and basketball game, I'd never buy 2K or Madden again.

I believe they have a football game they are developing now.

potsey7 03-11-2019 11:08 PM

[quote=Mauer4MVP;2049704862]I also think you can make it as in depth as you want. Want to evaluate players just on stats? Turn off ratings. Want ratings but dont want exact? You can adjust that.

Automate minor league assignments, signings, etc.

I'm somewhere in the middle.

Nothing beats a night of OOTP and baseball on the TV in the summer.

This!!! You can trust this! If you've never done it you are missing out!

rkocjay 03-12-2019 08:59 AM

Last year's was my first time playing this series and I do not regret it at all. I was always against games like this because I thought they would be boring. Now I can really play games with actual gameplay and I feel myself shifting more together Sim games like this.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

billyo 03-13-2019 10:17 AM

Well I purchased OOTP a month ago and so far have enjoyed what I have seen. I am playing as the Dodger greats and love it. I haven't pre-ordered and may play this one a season, before buying the new game. Any reason I should go ahead and purchase the new game?

With the Show turning its back pretty much on offline franchise players, it made the decision an easy one and will be a fun transition.

Look forward to interacting with you guys and maybe asking a few too many questions.

WaitTilNextYear 03-13-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyo (Post 2049716512)
Well I purchased OOTP a month ago and so far have enjoyed what I have seen. I am playing as the Dodger greats and love it. I haven't pre-ordered and may play this one a season, before buying the new game. Any reason I should go ahead and purchase the new game?

With the Show turning its back pretty much on offline franchise players, it made the decision an easy one and will be a fun transition.

Look forward to interacting with you guys and maybe asking a few too many questions.

Check this thread out and see what you think...

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...arch-22nd.html

humairashah 05-08-2019 08:25 AM

Will discuss about it later.