Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Fantasy MMA: Wanna see 228 Strikes in 1 ROUND!?!?! (/forums/showthread.php?t=947326)

LoveThisLife 02-21-2019 01:18 PM

Fantasy MMA: Wanna see 228 Strikes in 1 ROUND!?!?!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

I recently stopped playing UFC 3 due to the total disregard EA has shown for representing this sport accurately in a video game. It appears that their focus was making a game that allowed people to stand and bang.

I came back on last night and what you see attached is my first fight back. THIS GUY THREW 228 STRIKES IN 1 ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone saying that pressure is not an issue (i.e. tomitomi or whatever his name is) here is your proof. This guy (aldo) is in the top 100.

After this round he threw another 166 strikes in the second round.

I know that in NBA 2k it is normal to score 150 points in the first quarter...errr no its not, let me try again....

I know that in FIFA it is normal to score 15 goals in the first period...errr no its not... let me try again....

I know in EA NHL it is normal to score 20 goals in the first period....errrr. no its not let me....

NO OTHER SPORTS GAME HAS SUCH A RIDICULOUS AND GLARING ISSUE LIKE THE STAMINA IN EA MMA!!

WHY IN THE HELL IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO THROW 400 STRIKES IN 2 ROUNDS?!?!? WHEN HAS THIS EVER COME CLOSE TO HAPPENING?

YOU WONT FIND MANY FIGHTS IN MK, STREET FIGHTER, TEKKEN, JUMP FORCE or EVEN KILLER INSTICT THAT INCLUDE ONE FIGHTER THROWING TWO HUNDRED AND F-ING TWENTY-EIGHT STRIKES IN ROUND 1!

On another note... I was matched with this guy one fight later (another issue with this game) and knocked him out in the first round. I threw 46 strikes compared to his 208.

We need to demand better from EA. Notice how there is next to no communication now? When they decide that it is time to start selling you UFC4 ... demand that they address these issues before they wow you with the "Updated fighter models" or "The ability to fight as Judge Mathis" or how "This roster is bigger than ever" or "How they have revamped the ground game"

None of that matters if they do not address the stamina and connectivity issues.

jigsaw736 02-21-2019 02:40 PM

Re: Fantasy MMA: Wanna see 228 Strikes in 1 ROUND!?!?!

Sounds like he was just a better player

RomeroXVII 02-21-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveThisLife (Post 2049698432)
Hi All,

I recently stopped playing UFC 3 due to the total disregard EA has shown for representing this sport accurately in a video game. It appears that their focus was making a game that allowed people to stand and bang.

I came back on last night and what you see attached is my first fight back. THIS GUY THREW 228 STRIKES IN 1 ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone saying that pressure is not an issue (i.e. tomitomi or whatever his name is) here is your proof. This guy (aldo) is in the top 100.

I know that in NBA 2k it is normal to score 150 points in the first quarter...errr no its not, let me try again....

I know that in FIFA it is normal to score 15 goals in the first period...errr no its not... let me try again....

I know in EA NHL it is normal to score 20 goals in the first period....errrr. no its not let me....

NO OTHER SPORTS GAME HAS SUCH A RIDICULOUS AND GLARING ISSUE LIKE THE STAMINA IN EA MMA!!

WHY IN THE HELL IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO THROW 400 STRIKES IN 2 ROUNDS?!?!? WHEN HAS THIS EVER COME CLOSE TO HAPPENING?

YOU WONT FIND MANY FIGHTS IN MK, STREET FIGHTER, TEKKEN, JUMP FORCE or EVEN KILLER INSTICT THAT INCLUDE ONE FIGHTER THROWING TWO HUNDRED AND F-ING TWENTY-EIGHT STRIKES IN ROUND 1!

On another note... I was matched with this guy one fight later (another issue with this game) and knocked him out in the first round. I threw 46 strikes compared to his 208.

We need to demand better from EA. Notice how there is next to no communication now? When they decide that it is time to start selling you UFC4 ... demand that they address these issues before they wow you with the "Updated fighter models" or "The ability to fight as Judge Mathis" or how "This roster is bigger than ever" or "How they have revamped the ground game"

None of that matters if they do not address the stamina and connectivity issues.

Was this Swiss Libax? Only person I know that would throw that much with Aldo/Edgar/Ferguson.

Can we see a video of the fight?

Also, games like Tekken/Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat don't have to worry about 200 strikes being thrown because - get this, they have a health bar that can generally be depleted with a set number of strikes.

I've always wanted to see a slightly higher tax for hitting the block, a 1%-2% increase. It would do wonders.

It would help for us to see the video of the fight.

Honestly, after hitting the 200 mark with Aldo he should have been gassed and that should have been easy pickings for you.

The best fighters that benefit from the 200+ strikes a round nonsense are the Diaz Bros, Conor due to his damage, Ferg, GSP, Bisping etc the majority of the higher tier fighters.

RomeroXVII 02-21-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Hi All,

Just as an example, here's another dude in the top 100 who's notorious for using Max the way he uses him.

By Round 3, with Max Holloway, even with No HUD on, he had way less stamina than me with Aldo.

https://youtu.be/XTLUqnE7EBU

What they need to fix, is lunging issues, tracking issues, for those trying to utilize the defensive measures laid before us against people who play in this manner. I use the lunges pretty well, but even now and then I get caught with some ridiculous tracking error that should have not happened, i.e a body knee hitting my head when I'm lunging away.

Another problem is the 3rd-4th strike in a 4 hit forward moving combo still hitting your block, even if they didn't pause after the second strike, as shown here.

Check out @ARomeroXVII’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ARomeroXVII/stat...262400001?s=09

Haz____ 02-21-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigsaw736 (Post 2049698499)
Sounds like he was just a better player

That literally has zero relevance to how the stamina mechanics function in this game.

You shouldn't even be able to throw that many strikes, in 1 round, against a person who isn't even playing without being significantly gassed.

Not to mention accelerated rounds, which in context, makes this even worse.

Petefrenna1 02-21-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haz____ (Post 2049698666)
That literally has zero relevance to how the stamina mechanics function in this game.

You shouldn't even be able to throw that many strikes, in 1 round, against a person who isn't even playing without being significantly gassed.

Yeah the accelerated clock exacerbates the stamina issues

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

MacAttack33 02-21-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

When they decide that it is time to start selling you UFC4 ... demand that they address these issues before they wow you with the "Updated fighter models" or "The ability to fight as Judge Mathis" or how "This roster is bigger than ever" or "How they have revamped the ground game"

Revamping/adding much more to the existing ground game is just as big of an issue. Using it as an example of a worthless addition is just silly.

RomeroXVII 02-21-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haz____ (Post 2049698666)

Yeah, I've always felt like, hey, you wanna throw 200 strikes in round 1? Go ahead, but in rounds 2 or 3, you DEFINITELY need to start off with 65% LT Stamina or less because of it.

Of course, you can't let them bully you the entire time and provide no offensive/counter threat to their offense, which is another thing within itself.