Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Player positions randomly messed up when changing tactics in game! (/forums/showthread.php?t=947411)

villabraves 02-23-2019 10:48 AM

Player positions randomly messed up when changing tactics in game!

When the game first came out we all experienced our line ups being randomly changed without our input but I thought that had been rectified many patches ago. Now, despite setting my line up and editing players positions in the tactics section with different formations for defending and attacking, whenever I go from the standard balanced formation you start with to either defending or attacking, some of my players are totally in the wrong positions! I really thought this had been sorted out but maybe I’m wrong. Regardless of whether it was sorted or not I can’t believe this is still happening after what, 10 patches now! Absolutely appalling EA!

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

hedache 02-25-2019 06:28 PM

Re: Player positions randomly messed up when changing tactics in game!

I'm not sure what EA sorted out on this but here is what I do:

Let's say I set up a formation for balanced. And then I also used some formations, tactics and instructions for other modes like defend and attack. During the game (or before), I never switch a player on a field position with another field position. I use a dummy sub.

Example:
If you want to move PlayerA from RM to LM (where PlayerB is). Switch PlayerA with SubX, switch PlayerB with PlayerB (now he's on LM), Switch PlayerB with SubX (PlayerB is on RM).

Same method if you want to switch positions and sub someone out. Put the sub where he needs to end up, put the guy you took out for sub back into where the original player you want to sub out is. If you follow this, the general schema of positioning for players will stay the same for all game plans.

villabraves 02-25-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedache (Post 2049702136)
I'm not sure what EA sorted out on this but here is what I do:

Let's say I set up a formation for balanced. And then I also used some formations, tactics and instructions for other modes like defend and attack. During the game (or before), I never switch a player on a field position with another field position. I use a dummy sub.

Example:
If you want to move PlayerA from RM to LM (where PlayerB is). Switch PlayerA with SubX, switch PlayerB with PlayerB (now he's on LM), Switch PlayerB with SubX (PlayerB is on RM).

Same method if you want to switch positions and sub someone out. Put the sub where he needs to end up, put the guy you took out for sub back into where the original player you want to sub out is. If you follow this, the general schema of positioning for players will stay the same for all game plans.

Interesting way around it but nonetheless, we should not have to go through all that just because we want to utilize something EA put into the game to supposedly make it easier to change tactics on the fly. I do see what you’re saying but it’s simply appalling that EA put something in the game that just doesn’t work properly! Then again we shouldn’t be surprised really!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

hedache 02-26-2019 12:05 AM

This one is a tough one to complain because I can see it being used in both ways.

I personally think it makes sense that if I switch two players on field positions, they should switch on all game plans where applicable (I keep the same formation on all so it's simple logic), and possibly don't switch on plans where formations don't match well.

But I can also see where one might want the change effective only on the selected plan (which is how it acts right now). I think the latter is the less likely behavior that majority would expect. Who knows???

coach422001 02-26-2019 09:13 AM

I've seen it though where I start a game and decide that the slight decline in form for an opponents right winger doesn't justify my playing against their 60 ovr replacement, and I put the 75 ovr winger back in the starting 11; then when the game starts, that winger is now at left fullback. So I always go back in to the main screen once the game starts to verify the team is in their proper set up. Usually too I can see that in the introductions screen: when Martin announces the team I'll play against, I may quickly notice there is an improper position switch. Since i have to go into the pause menu anyway to move my second controller to CPU control it isn't a big deal for me to make that change anyway and doesn't affect my games.