Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Baseball Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Will EA make another baseball game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=947471)

crews2012 02-24-2019 08:12 PM

Will EA make another baseball game?

With EA buying OOTP and reading online that they are interested in getting back into baseball, I was wondering if there is any chance that they would bring back the MVP series. With XBOX and PC really lacking a true baseball game this would be a welcomed game.

zello144 02-25-2019 11:33 PM

Re: Will EA make another baseball game?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RxDSMAdm9NA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Madden08PCgmr 02-26-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

OOTP - "All historical major league (1871-2017) and minor league seasons, including Negro leagues, included for free!"
If only this were possible on a console.... 100% pure teenage dream right there..

If EA/MVP could bring out in franchise mode what OOTP seems to be, that would be nothing short of amazing.

Mostly, I'm all for competition. I hope it will bring out the best in sports gaming once again.

CMH 02-26-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crews2012 (Post 2049701419)
With EA buying OOTP and reading online that they are interested in getting back into baseball, I was wondering if there is any chance that they would bring back the MVP series. With XBOX and PC really lacking a true baseball game this would be a welcomed game.

EA bought OOTP? I don't think that's accurate.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bcruise 02-26-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMH (Post 2049703043)
EA bought OOTP? I don't think that's accurate.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's not. They partnered with OOTP Developments for distributing on Origin, that's it.

zello144 03-01-2019 11:18 PM

It'd be pretty easy for them to sell a baseball game but first things first they have to build it up from scratch and make sure it's a solid representation of the game in video game form. Gameplay must come first.

They should sign a marketing deal with Microsoft. End all the commercials with the Xbox one logo, promote trailers as "captured on xbox one" stuff like that. Xbox gamers have endured a long time without a baseball game so those are a lot of copies sold already.

Then EA should try to add things that The Show isn't doing. Better presentation and commentary EA has that ESPN deal that they could use to their advantage I know it expires next year but this is a what if it came out today scenario.

A deeper more immersive franchise that Includes playable A ball. I don't know if it's the MLB that doesn't allow relocation or it's The Show developers that haven't had time to implement it. Include relocation in franchise if it's MLB not allowing it have a nice long talk with the commissioner that this would help attract young people to the game and he'd sign off immediately.

Ultimate team would get kinda tricky with retired players rights that The Show might have exclusivity I don't know how that all works since Live and 2k share players in Ultimate team/My team.

Also add a stadium creator in both franchise and Ultimate team once you have that it's over. Even if it's bare bones EA should include it in their first year if they ever return to baseball again.

Cod 03-02-2019 11:10 AM

Doesn't Sony have an exclusive third-party license from MLB and MLBPA?

bcruise 03-02-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cod (Post 2049706818)
Doesn't Sony have an exclusive third-party license from MLB and MLBPA?

They have a license with MLB and the Players Association. It's not exclusive and never has been.

2K is the reason that EA got frozen out of the baseball market as they DID have a third-party exclusive license through 2K13. But ever since MLB2K dropped off the face of the earth, no one's been limited from making an MLB licensed game.