Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   The Seven Deadly Sins of the Jordan Rec Center in NBA 2K19 (/forums/showthread.php?t=947654)

Steve_OS 02-28-2019 09:45 PM

The Seven Deadly Sins of the Jordan Rec Center in NBA 2K19

For NBA 2K19 players who prefer their basketball to be a little more realistic than the...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.

ItchyNscratchy 02-28-2019 10:17 PM

Re: The Seven Deadly Sins of the Jordan Rec Center in NBA 2K19

The only sin here is that you guys say Jordan Rec Center is the most played sim for 5v5 but its broken af. The matchmaking is trash. Point guards cant call plays, every fastbreak is a 3 point shot attempt. Some guy can have 11 turnovers and still be in the game with a B- grade. Everything is a step backwards instead of fowards.

sactown_13 03-01-2019 12:35 AM

Should do this type of article on the game mode itself and how it can be improved.*

Bulletproof86 03-01-2019 02:46 AM

Best quote:
HOW TO AVOID LUST: Keep your Pro Am teams in Pro Am. Don’t break a player’s spirit. Win the right way.

Its always the same playing with randoms amateur 1 with low overall against super Elite Teams.
That makes FUN, NOT!!!!!!!!!

3ShowTime2 03-01-2019 03:28 AM

So true in every way...:(

howardphillips214 03-01-2019 03:57 AM

The main thing about Rec is defense and ball movement. If you can control the paint on defense and at least keep bodies on shooters you can beat most teams in the JRC. Unfortunately if you play one squad like that, you've played a thousand. It's always the same. One or two shooters out of 4 on the foor are a threat from half court. And it's not like, oh he might make a few. It's he might get 60 points on 20 shots from that spot if he's wide. That's just astronomical in basketball terms. That's like being able to throw hail Mary after hail Mary on madden and getting a touchdown every time. In a 5 minute quarter game in madden you could score 100 points. That's what 100 points in 5 minute quarters in 2k REALLY IS.

Think about this... I've been on several teams that have scored 100 points in JRC. I've done it multiple times in a night. I've been on the other end of that too. In none of those games have they been close. It takes a very large gap in turn overs, rebounds, and fast break points. You gotta get enough stops to score that many points. All the close games I've won or lost had good and bad quarters. That's when the game is intense, even in losses it can be enjoyable. That's why teams with good records will quit, so they can take the L and keep beating up on randoms.

But the main culprits in my lack of enjoyment in this mode are the amount at which turn overs happen, even if I'm the beneficiary. I think it's a very sloppy game and its ugly to watch. Ball handlers with good ratings feel sluggish.. You have to have the super combo dribble moves equipped to bang on that right stick like it's your little brother. All the while yelling at your mom "FIVE MORE MINUTES!"

The thing that bothers me is anyone can spend 50 dollars, watch a YouTube video and instantly be a competitive player. They'll tell you what build to make, what animations to equip, they'll show you how you can spam this move this many times to get this exact percentage at an ankle breaker. It's really just a garbage mode.

I miss the days when I could pick up a stick and have more than a fighting chance at the game simply because I have the mind to make the right plays most of the time. My unselfishness was seen as a benefit to the team and ive always had plenty of people to run with because of that.

But simply due to the regression in player diversity almost exclusively, most of those players are not playing anymore.

2 years ago when they introduced the sharp i said everyone was going to make one. And they were by and far the most popular. But I still saw and ran with several different archetypes that year. In 18 most players I knew had at least one sharp and another "pet" player.

This year? Its either lockdown, sharp, or glass cleaner. Or some variation of that. If you dont have those elements to your game you're not only playing against the meta, you're simply not winning. Period.

And before you guys try and say shot creator.... Its either sharp first or secondary on the wings with shot creators. Hardly with good teams will you see a slasher secondary even. Essentially slashers are the worst build this year and that really hurts.

I've now maxed my slots for characters on this game and my center is the most fun.

For the way i play, I'm left with defense and rebounding as the best fundamental skills I own that benefits my team the most. Who knew? I was mostly a PG since 2k14. But i always wanted to play like John Wall. Play good defense, and penetrate and dish. Those mechanics are just the worst this year.

Korrupted 03-01-2019 07:43 AM

Solid article but unfortunately this will go in one ear and out the other of most of the players that play JRC. A lot of people don't understand fundamental basketball and it shows.

Keith01 03-01-2019 09:00 AM

Add AVOID BROADCAST CAM to the list

"HOW TO AVOID SLOTH: Be active. Move around to get open or set screens on offense. Stick to your man on defense."

Stick to your man but understand help defense / rotating. Sick of players chasing their 'who to guard' arrow like it's a dog chasing a toy instead of paying attention to what's happening as a team.