Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   The Seven Deadly Sins of the Jordan Rec Center in NBA 2K19 (/forums/showthread.php?t=947654)

Ragnar53 03-04-2019 12:45 PM

Re: The Seven Deadly Sins of the Jordan Rec Center in NBA 2K19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph33 (Post 2049708193)
Lol, truth. And if the score starts out 2-8 with a sloppy start, start seeing people melt down by not getting back and flopping

Because apparently a 6 point lead is just insurmountable

That behavior kills me man. And what's even funnier is that those same dudes quit, then you realize they were the one's not playing defense in the first place.

All it takes is 2 stops, then easy buckets on the ensuing fastbreak opportunities.

I've watched many a team pro-am game. They score barely 1/4 of their points in the halfcourt. 3/4ths of the points are scored on the fastbreak or secondary fastbreak (everybody is back, but the offensive big man is trailing and in perfect position for a screen and roll/pop to get the defense shifting again).

MrWrestling3 03-04-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph33 (Post 2049708193)
Lol, truth. And if the score starts out 2-8 with a sloppy start, start seeing people melt down by not getting back and flopping

Because apparently a 6 point lead is just insurmountable

There used to be saying..."Sports builds character"....IMO this also applies to a competitive activity such as online gaming as well.

That kind of behavior tells me all i need to know about the people I'm playing with,and why I'm not interested in playing with them again.

ph33 03-04-2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWrestling3 (Post 2049708591)
There used to be saying..."Sports builds character"....IMO this also applies to a competitive activity such as online gaming as well.

That kind of behavior tells me all i need to know about the people I'm playing with,and why I'm not interested in playing with them again.

Those kinds of people have probably never done team sports or team anything

Or maybe they did and got away with being an *******

Housh123 03-04-2019 10:05 PM

Rec is mostly fun. Definitely have to play with teammates tho. But ironically enough the times i have dropped 50, i was playing with randoms. That’s odd.

Rec and park are all about defense. If you can stop 3s you’ll compete against any team. Also I’d say you need a good center who doesn’t give up easy dunks. I played with a guy so worthless on D it was sad. How you getting Joel Embiid’ed by a damn pure rim protector and both y’all 7 foot 3? Dudes are really bad at this game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

MrWrestling3 03-05-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph33 (Post 2049708773)
Those kinds of people have probably never done team sports or team anything

Or maybe they did and got away with being an *******

That's kind of my point; if you can't manage something as simple as playing a game without rage quitting or throwing a hissy fit the moment it doesn't go 100% your way, then you're not really someone I want to waste my attention on in the first place.

splashmountain 03-05-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korrupted (Post 2049705824)
Solid article but unfortunately this will go in one ear and out the other of most of the players that play JRC. A lot of people don't understand fundamental basketball and it shows.

It's because to be successful at 2k19 you dont need to truly understand fundamental basketball. Just go on youtube research the best archetypes to use and the best animations to equip for them. thats it.

splashmountain 03-05-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Housh123 (Post 2049708977)
Rec is mostly fun. Definitely have to play with teammates tho. But ironically enough the times i have dropped 50, i was playing with randoms. That’s odd.

Rec and park are all about defense. If you can stop 3s you’ll compete against any team. Also I’d say you need a good center who doesn’t give up easy dunks. I played with a guy so worthless on D it was sad. How you getting Joel Embiid’ed by a damn pure rim protector and both y’all 7 foot 3? Dudes are really bad at this game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

what was the other guy rated? vs what was your teammate rated? what was your teammates arch? what was his defensive stopper badge on at the time?

Playing defense with a gold or better defensive stopper badge as a center is EASY. just stand there. the force field will do all the work for you.

MrWrestling3 03-05-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splashmountain (Post 2049709395)
It's because to be successful at 2k19 you dont need to truly understand fundamental basketball. Just go on youtube research the best archetypes to use and the best animations to equip for them. thats it.

That's been something was has bothered me for years, the game leans too heavily on video game mechanics, and not enough on basketball IQ.