Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   What 1 new feature or change would you add/make to Franchise mode in MLB 19? (/forums/showthread.php?t=947786)

BigOrangeVol4Life 03-04-2019 01:31 PM

What 1 new feature or change would you add/make to Franchise mode in MLB 19?

I'd like to see the manager and coaching staff for all teams to be fully editable (faces, body shapes, names, coaching ability, salaries, etc). Make it where any manager and coach can be hired and fired. If the Houston Astros' pitching staff is off the charts good and the Baltimore Orioles are looking for a new manager, the Orioles should be able to hire the Astros' pitching coach as manager. Teams can offer more money and hire another team's hitting or pitching coach for the same position as well on their team. Make it where minor league managers and coaches can be tracked and hired by major league teams too. If the Florida Marlins are struggling with hitting while their AAA squad is smashing the ball, they should be able to fire their hitting coach and hire their AAA hitting coach. To make things more realistic, make it where an up and coming manager or coach doesn't always pan out and live up to expectations.

Madden08PCgmr 03-04-2019 01:48 PM

Re: What 1 new feature or change would you add/make to Franchise mode in MLB 19?

Historical stats.

This game is all about history and numbers.

.. the numbers should mean something, even if they are unachievable dreams!

HandsomeJack 03-04-2019 01:58 PM

Re: What 1 new feature or change would you add/make to Franchise mode in MLB 19?

The ability to import players into an existing franchise. I'll be on my 8th season, across 3 versions of the show (IF I buy this year's version--I'm on the fence right now) and the lack of quality in-game generated players is starting to affect my franchise as players retire and they get called up. I'm using an entirely fictional set of rosters, so I don't worry about "real life" players being missing, but if I was using a real roster the ability to import players into it would be an even more important feature.

OneTonneBaby 03-04-2019 02:05 PM

Make it as good an experience as a pure GM mode (i.e. simulating games and looking after the club) as it is playing.

Off the top of my head:
  • Enter into discussions with other teams and have back and forths for weeks or months (i.e. i want this top 50 prospect and am offering these 3 players, other GM says its not enough, or to come back in a month when they might be contending, etc...)
  • Interesting trade deals (i.e. international pool money, PTBNL, Cash Considerations, 3 team trades, etc...)
    Be able to track budget easier (yearly budgets, decent projection systems you can play about with so if you are thinking of extending a player or need to know how much FA money you have, you can make some scenarios and see the numbers)
  • Access to more stats that mean something and being able to create your own metrics when evaluating players (i.e. WAR + BABIP, or whatever) so you can truly rebuild in different ways, be smart and get underrated players on the cheap. Moneyball Mode TM

tessl 03-04-2019 02:24 PM

At this late date it is a moot point - if they haven't already added a feature it isn't going to be in the game.

I'm like something simple and easy to do - the create-a-team function from DD also included in franchise.

DanH35 03-04-2019 02:32 PM

Make spring training mean something. Have non roster invites to camp. Have the commentary talk about position battles if you have 2 players with similar ratings. Have “cut” days at points toward the end of spring where a certain number of players are sent to the minors each time until you have 25 players on the roster right at the end.

Trackball 03-04-2019 02:34 PM

Owner mode.

Owner mode, owner mode, owner mode.

Next question.

BigOrangeVol4Life 03-04-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanH35 (Post 2049708481)
Make spring training mean something. Have non roster invites to camp. Have the commentary talk about position battles if you have 2 players with similar ratings. Have “cut” days at points toward the end of spring where a certain number of players are sent to the minors each time until you have 25 players on the roster right at the end.

It's a very small detail, but I'd like to see spring training games that are tied after the end of the 9th inning end in ties that don't count in the standings, but the team and individual stats do count. That's the way MLB spring training works in real life.