Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment & Technology (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Game of Thrones: Season 8 (Final season) (/forums/showthread.php?t=947862)

Candyman5 03-05-2019 10:49 PM

Game of Thrones: Season 8 (Final season)

April 14th

https://youtu.be/vZzwuB2u_mE

MY BODY IS READY!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RockinDaMike 03-05-2019 11:23 PM

Re: Game of thrones: Season 8 (Final season)

Oh yes. Love seeing the dragon bow to Jon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProfessaPackMan 03-06-2019 12:27 AM

I binged watched this entire series last summer after being years late to watching it and I enjoyed every single episode.

I cannot wait for this. It's been a long 2 years.

Armor and Sword 03-06-2019 06:43 PM

Bring this **** on!!!!!

Sportsforever 03-11-2019 08:39 PM

I've never watched/read these (always heard about them), but started the books a few months ago and am almost done with Book 3. Have loved them...not sure I want to watch the show though; every time I look a clip up of what I've read in the book it disappoints me.

Did people who had read the books ahead of time find the show a bit of a let down?

RockinDaMike 03-12-2019 01:43 AM

Avengers Endgame and The Battle for Winterfell will be on the same weekend. It will also be a 90 minute episode. What a glorious weekend it will be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

z Revis 03-16-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsforever (Post 2049715056)
I've never watched/read these (always heard about them), but started the books a few months ago and am almost done with Book 3. Have loved them...not sure I want to watch the show though; every time I look a clip up of what I've read in the book it disappoints me.

Did people who had read the books ahead of time find the show a bit of a let down?

I didn’t, but you wouldn’t be alone in that. I love the show despite its differences, but I know many book readers who are upset with the show especially the latter seasons. But I think some book readers are too hard on the show. I mean this is a very deep and complex series. I thought the show did a great job adapting the story for the most part given that they have a budget and schedule they have to abide by unlike GRRM.

If you love the books I’d at least give the show a try. There’s maaany differences so it is not like you’re watching exactly the same thing you read. Some of the changes the show made are excellent. The latter seasons can be a bit deus ex machina like at times, but it’s still great TV IMO.

Not to mention, and idk if you know this, but the books aren’t finished and honestly may never finish. GRRM still has 2 books to go, but he’s like 72 now and it’s been 8 years since book 5. The show began writing the rest of the story on their own during s5, but this upcoming season is the final Game of Thrones season which is supposedly heavily based on what GRRM told the show writers how the books end.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

TheShizNo1 03-16-2019 12:00 PM

Wife and I binged the day after Christmas and finished the whole series in about 6 weeks (both being teachers and having winter breaks helped this). Loved it so much we immediately started it over. We're in season five, now. Can't believe I missed out on this show for so long.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app