Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   College Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   2019 Coaching Carousel Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=948547)

sportznut02 03-23-2019 02:13 PM

2019 Coaching Carousel Thread

There’s already quite a few jobs open and there will be more to open up.

kodiak 03-23-2019 07:17 PM

Re: 2019 Coaching Carousel Thread

Early rumors are Prohm to Bama when and if they buy out Avery and Self leaving KU for the NBA. SA if Pops indeed retires and Chi have been mentioned.

sportznut02 03-24-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kodiak (Post 2049725458)
Early rumors are Prohm to Bama when and if they buy out Avery and Self leaving KU for the NBA. SA if Pops indeed retires and Chi have been mentioned.

Prohm to Bama seems like that will happen. Self to the NBA seems crazy but I wonder if it has anything to do with the FBI stuff.

sportznut02 03-24-2019 02:35 PM

Apparently John Thompson III is the leader for the Vandy job. I’m not surpsied he’s cosching again but I’m surprised he would get an SEC job.

ProfessaPackMan 03-24-2019 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kodiak (Post 2049725458)

What's the reasoning for them getting rid of Avery? I thought he would be there for a minute considering it's not known as a Basketball school.

Is this a case of Boosters thinking they should be better than what they are?

Self to the NBA would definitely be a surpising one. Where would he go? Chicago already has their current Coach under contract for another year and are they wiling to take another chance on a College Coach again after the Hoiberg mess?

kodiak 03-24-2019 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan (Post 2049726654)
What's the reasoning for them getting rid of Avery? I thought he would be there for a minute considering it's not known as a Basketball school.

Self to the NBA would definitely be a surpising one. Where would he go? Chicago already has their current Coach under contract for another year and are they wiling to take another chance on a College Coach again after the Hoiberg mess?

Well Avery is done, became official today. The rumors were from twitter about Prohm and Self.

AUChase 03-25-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan (Post 2049726654)

They look across the State and see what Auburn is doing. New arena, Tigers are winning, etc.

The rest of the SEC is making significant strides to be better at basketball and it's showing in the post-season. The life expectancy of a coach just isn't what it used to be and I think a lot of Alabama fans see Avery as only slightly more successful than Anthony Grant was.

kodiak 03-27-2019 02:58 AM

Bama won’t get Prohm most likely as he inked an extension at Iowa St through 2025. IMO that’s smart on his part. Much easier job hoops wise at ISU.