Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show 19 - Little Things Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=948839)

The Kid 24 03-24-2019 12:56 PM

MLB The Show 19 - Little Things Thread

Since people have the game, time to start this awesome thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

bigwill33 03-24-2019 05:14 PM

Re: MLB 19 - Little Things Thread

Well this thread is off to a banging start.

I think rather than just making a “little things” thread and expecting everyone to know what that is, there should be an explanation or ground rules of what this annual topic is all about. Also, should link to prior years perhaps so people can get a taste or perhaps read about things that maybe they thought were new, but rather have been in the game for years and get reposted constantly.

tc020791 03-24-2019 06:03 PM

I noticed they got rid of that little hitch at the end of every home run swing, which is nice. I've also noticed in videos that the batter's box deterioration is much much better this year.

XxRnSxX 03-24-2019 07:49 PM

The emotions after a pitcher strikes a batter out in a key situation.

Flightwhite24 03-24-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxRnSxX (Post 2049726667)
The emotions after a pitcher strikes a batter out in a key situation.

Saw this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XxRnSxX 03-24-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightTemplar (Post 2049726683)
Are they different from the leg kick and fist pump?

Ummm I don’t remember the exact motion other then him scream and look up but it just fit the moment so well.

Arizito Sports 03-25-2019 05:46 AM

The new netting in the dougout are in this year ! To protect the fans from foul balls

Rob_NYY 03-25-2019 09:37 AM

The pitching coach jogging from in front of the dugout to the mound instead of just magically appearing there during mound visits is a great touch.

Some of the new pre-game scenes are great. Players signing balls for fans, close-ups of the home pitcher leading the team out onto the field, etc.

I love the new between-pitch cameras (they are off by default for some reason, so remember to turn them on). Especially when I am at bat. I love how you can press X and the batter will do his little pre-pitch motion, it just looks cool with the new cameras.

New feet-first slides look great.

Not sure if this was in last year, but the chimes when the Yankees score a run now sounds much more like the ones played at Yankee Stadium. The "PC Richard" whistle is still a knockoff version. One "little thing" they didn't add are the flashing lights at the Stadium for homeruns. I was really hoping they would get it in this year.

Love the new "emotion" animations from the players I have seen. Although they still tend to overreact for random singles in early/mid innings at times.