Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556)
-   -   No point (/forums/showthread.php?t=948846)

fasteddy 03-24-2019 01:18 PM

No point

No point in fiddling with sliders,I'm done.One slider messes up one slider that messes up another one.Some sliders don't do what they are supposed to,then you get what you want and EA releases a patch or tuner that changes everything. I'm using Qb which is combined with Jay's and I'm sticking with it.Otherwise I'll never finish a franchise.We have realize that it is a video game and not real life and just enjoy it for what it is.

dowie 03-24-2019 03:22 PM

Re: No point

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasteddy (Post 2049726209)
No point in fiddling with sliders,I'm done.One slider messes up one slider that messes up another one.Some sliders don't do what they are supposed to,then you get what you want and EA releases a patch or tuner that changes everything. I'm using Qb which is combined with Jay's and I'm sticking with it.Otherwise I'll never finish a franchise.We have realize that it is a video game and not real life and just enjoy it for what it is.

who is QB?

BleacherCreature 03-24-2019 03:36 PM

No point

Quote:

Originally Posted by dowie (Post 2049726374)
who is QB?

The guy who throws the ball to WR :P
(Sorry, couldn’t resist)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

dowie 03-24-2019 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleacherCreature (Post 2049726388)
The guy who throws the ball to WR :P
(Sorry, couldn’t resist)

That was sort of funny. Maybe my expectations are too high, because MLB The Show allows me to play a franchise with very realistic stats and gameplay (with minimal slider edits) whereas this damn hockey game won't give me anywhere close to the same feeling.

Jay's is the closest it can get IMO, and there's still tons of issues (penalties, # shots on goal, cpu passing, cpu skating & aggressiveness being the most obvious).

Close to waiving the white flag too :(

Dowie

BleacherCreature 03-24-2019 04:52 PM

The irritating thing about this game is there’s always the same issues year after year. Why, at this point, do they have to constantly release patches and tuners? It’s been how many years and they still can’t get a true simulation of actual hockey.

BleacherCreature 03-24-2019 05:45 PM

Also with the Show coming out in 2 days I figure my time left with this game is minimal so I’m just riding it out. I’m not going to finish my season with my created team and I’m fine with that.

blueline369 03-24-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasteddy (Post 2049726209)

Was beginning to think I was the only one. After this last patch (not tuner update), I have not made it through a full game without turning it off. The predictable scripted bs is too much, I cannot make it through a single game.

Not sure what the game plan is with EA's NHL Franchise :brickwall, but I am now joining the chorus of 'you lost another dedicated customer'.

It looks to me like all we are getting from here on out is HUT. Of course, there might be a few graphic updates for offline folks in the coming subscription releases, maybe a face scan or two (oooooooohhh, too exciting! :zzz: ).

I love the game of Hockey so much, that has kept me playing this game. But when the product is just not right, even after fixes, patches and updates... meh... with great sadness, I am done now too.