Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor? (/forums/showthread.php?t=949154)

Good Grappler 03-26-2019 07:32 PM

Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor?

I’m trying to get a decent understanding of how many “top players” are using the new equipment these days.

How many of you are still hussling on the OG equipment? How many of you made the switch to new hardware?

Is playing at the top level possible without new equipment? Does anyone in the ESFL still use the old equipment?

Basically, I have no clue how prevalent new gen consoles/monitors are among the competitive community. For all I know, It could be 95%. But it could be just a slim portion, say 5%. I genuinely have no clue, and want to know.

micmuted 03-27-2019 04:26 AM

Re: Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor?

pretty much any1 who still plays this is playing on a pro

micmuted 03-27-2019 04:36 AM

and i’m on a regular ps4 and i’ll just say you’re at a major disadvantage. on the ground their denial windows feel huge compared to mine, and denying anything on reaction is basically impossible

there’s people who literally could never come close to beating me, who can beat me now after switching to a pro

NEWSS 03-27-2019 05:50 AM

I'm using a regular PS4 and normal TV. Especially when I'm at the bottom I basically have to guess which direction the top guy is gonna go in order to deny it. If I try to deny on reaction by the time I realise the transition it's already too late.

rabbitfistssaipailo 03-27-2019 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Grappler (Post 2049729469)
I’m trying to get a decent understanding of how many “top players” are using the new equipment these days.

How many of you are still hussling on the OG equipment? How many of you made the switch to new hardware?

Is playing at the top level possible without new equipment? Does anyone in the ESFL still use the old equipment?

Basically, I have no clue how prevalent new gen consoles/monitors are among the competitive community. For all I know, It could be 95%. But it could be just a slim portion, say 5%. I genuinely have no clue, and want to know.

What's been your experience so far ? I know you are on the OG Xbox one ...

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

ryangil23 03-27-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micmuted (Post 2049730009)
and i’m on a regular ps4 and i’ll just say you’re at a major disadvantage. on the ground their denial windows feel huge compared to mine, and denying anything on reaction is basically impossible

there’s people who literally could never come close to beating me, who can beat me now after switching to a pro

Yeah it's bs. The Windows they have are insane. They can even deny fakes or deny when they're in the middle of throwing a strike. And regarding the OP, almost all of the top players will be on a monitor at least most will have a PS4 pro.

MartialMind 03-28-2019 04:14 PM

I play on a regular TV... But I do have a Playstation 4 Pro now. Makes my videos look much better.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app

xtremeba1000 03-28-2019 05:31 PM

I am on Xbox one and was good at grappling in UFC 2 but I get absolutely stomped on the ground by anyone with a monitor or Xbox X