Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Anybody seen this in coach mode? (/forums/showthread.php?t=950013)

tessl 04-05-2019 03:49 PM

Anybody seen this in coach mode?

When I audible to a running play the QB doesn't hand off the ball. RB passes by and QB stands there with the ball until he is sacked.

Has anybody else seen it and is there a workaround?

Tuscaloosa 04-05-2019 05:45 PM

Re: Anybody seen this in coach mode?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessl (Post 2049742834)
When I audible to a running play the QB doesn't hand off the ball. RB passes by and QB stands there with the ball until he is sacked.

I've seen this from the CPU when running no huddle. It seems to happen because the RB bumps into the QB before he can get the ball around. Seems to mostly happen in plays where the RB motions from a shotgun look into a pistol look, IIRC. I suspect slider changes make this happen more often, altering the timing of players and their animations, though I have no proof of it. I've never played coach mode though.

tessl 04-05-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa (Post 2049742997)
I've seen this from the CPU when running no huddle. It seems to happen because the RB bumps into the QB before he can get the ball around. Seems to mostly happen in plays where the RB motions from a shotgun look into a pistol look, IIRC. I suspect slider changes make this happen more often, altering the timing of players and their animations, though I have no proof of it. I've never played coach mode though.

I'm not using any sliders but it is happening in pistol formation. Maybe it's pistol formation that's the culprit.

Tuscaloosa 04-05-2019 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessl (Post 2049743267)
I'm not using any sliders but it is happening in pistol formation. Maybe it's pistol formation that's the culprit.

Interesting. I'm currently playing on default Heisman, just with fatigue off, and I feel like I've seen this much less since leaving sliders for default. I feel like I see a number of little things much less, actually - this botched hand off, the center sneak glitch, and the no huddle delay of game from someone not lining up correctly. I still see these things, but it seems like it's less often. To the point though, I think it is probably the pistol.

tessl 04-06-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa (Post 2049743371)
Interesting. I'm currently playing on default Heisman, just with fatigue off, and I feel like I've seen this much less since leaving sliders for default. I feel like I see a number of little things much less, actually - this botched hand off, the center sneak glitch, and the no huddle delay of game from someone not lining up correctly. I still see these things, but it seems like it's less often. To the point though, I think it is probably the pistol.

I'm certainly not complaining about the game - it is fantastic. I don't even own Madden. My only real complaint about NCAA football is the lawyers put it out of business before the ps4 came along.

Tuscaloosa 04-06-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessl (Post 2049743639)
I'm certainly not complaining about the game - it is fantastic. I don't even own Madden. My only real complaint about NCAA football is the lawyers put it out of business before the ps4 came along.

Oh no, I didn't take it as complaining, whatsoever. I just love discussing every last detail of this game. I guess I'd have to call it my favorite game of all time. I've certainly played it more than any other.

isherdish 04-08-2019 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tessl (Post 2049742834)

As an aside, would you mind sharing the sliders you are using for coach mode? I lost the set that I was originally happy with some years back and I haven't found a decent replacement set yet

xToXiCxSAVAGEx 04-08-2019 10:10 PM

When it happens, it’s 95% from no-huddle. It’s just a bug that happens