Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   The Attendance Guessing Game (/forums/showthread.php?t=950070)

PsychoBulk 04-06-2019 11:15 AM

The Attendance Guessing Game

Every game in franchise, theres the attendance that flashes up on screen during the game, the attendance in the game log and the attendance announced by the PA man at the end of the game.

All three are always different.

So which one is it, in any way accurate? :google:

bravo2208 04-06-2019 11:21 AM

Re: The Attendance Guessing Game

I remember on a stream for 18 one of the devs said attendance is dynamic and they used the example of Dodgers fans showing up late. I took them at their word. Not sure if it's true. I know in real life attendance is based off tickets sold, but we don't sell tickets in The Show so...IDK.

Caulfield 04-06-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoBulk (Post 2049743721)
Every game in franchise, theres the attendance that flashes up on screen during the game, the attendance in the game log and the attendance announced by the PA man at the end of the game.

All three are always different.

So which one is it, in any way accurate?

I go by the log. because the PA guy only says it once & most times I miss hearing his announcement, same with screen flash. but as long as its in the log, I can look at it when I'm ready, as long as I havent left the game/stadium. it should be set up where it tracks your season attendance & the ability to go back & check any games attendance at any time you want. its a small thing but I'll put it in my wishlisht anyways

knich1 04-06-2019 01:23 PM

The Attendance Guessing Game

I believe the log reflects the “announced” attendance although it is dynamic. The drop down I believe is the actual attendance at the time. I am still trying to figure out where the PA guy gets his attendance and time of game numbers. Of course, the simulated time in the game is too slow anyhow. I would love for them to fix this.

Also the PA guy is not fully announcing the end of game line scores. He’s only doing it for one team. I believe this is a glitch.

Caulfield 04-06-2019 04:10 PM

So Vasgersian chimed in with a 4th number in the 9th inning with 2 outs in my last game and his number more closely matched the log (a shade under 24,000), Vasgersian said ''over 23,00''. The screen said barely over 20,000 (cant remember the exact number) & I never heard the PA guys announcement.

bryanm1982 04-06-2019 04:38 PM

I keep track of the attendance on my spreadsheet. I want to know my average. Which I think is really accurate at least for me. I’m the Brewers and I’m averaging 36,600 in 7 home games. In real life the Brewers averaging 36,400 after 5 home games. I always check the log after the game is over. I’m about 99% sure that is the accurate number cause I looked at the end of the season opener and it showed a sell out. 41,900 100%.

pokerlife 04-06-2019 05:10 PM

Anyone ever decided OH WHAT THE HELL and lets see how accurate they are? Maybe ill do that tonight and count every single person in the stands!

SidBream 04-06-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerlife (Post 2049743982)
Anyone ever decided OH WHAT THE HELL and lets see how accurate they are? Maybe ill do that tonight and count every single person in the stands!

Let me know how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports