Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Does anyone play minor league games in their franchises? (/forums/showthread.php?t=950551)

SoxSoxSox 04-14-2019 11:35 AM

Does anyone play minor league games in their franchises?

I'm going to start fresh (albeit on '18) with Houston, and I'm going to play all 162 Astros games as well as all however many AA Corpus Christi games. The Hooks are the closest minor league team to me, I recently attended my first ever baseball game on the second day of the season and got hooked (pun completely intended).

I will play the AAA Round Rock games if they make the playoffs. I just hope I don't have a Hooks player get hot and selfishly keep him from AAA, LOL.

I used to only play minor league games on MLB off days, but this venture I'm doing it a new way.

Do wish the game had a way to send a guy coming off injury on a "rehab" assignment. I get you can do it yourself, but it would be nice to designate them as not a regular AA guy, and after his few games there, your AA lineup reverts to what it usually is.

How do you guys handle the minors, if you play any of them?

P.S. I know there's other threads about this topic, but I didn't think it made much since to bump when all the comparable thread results are from the PS3 era.

Caulfield 04-14-2019 12:59 PM

Re: Does anyone play minor league games in their franchises?

the great majority of the time I play a one&done season with various teams so I dont really have much reason to play milb games. I do have a Braves franchise I've carried over through the years, but again I dont play the minor league games. But when I finally retire that file, I'd like to start a new franchise with the White Sox and play a third of the Birmingham Barons schedule & a fifth of the ChiSox AAA team sched. But I really dont see this happening until I move over to the Show on PS5

Therebelyell626 04-14-2019 02:17 PM

Playoffs only

countryboy 04-14-2019 02:54 PM

The only minor league games I play are the all star games. Other than that, I quick manage all the minor league games. That way I have control on how my roster is used and can see how players are doing, outside of just looking at stats.

knich 04-14-2019 06:02 PM

I sim but keep critical situations on so I get to play some with the minor team. I like to get a look first hand at how some of the guys are playing. I would play a lot more minor league games if they had more of the stadiums. I think this is also a limitation in RTTS.

CHIBHAWKSRULE 04-14-2019 06:10 PM

I will play a few here and there...mainly if a top starting pitching prospect is pitching, usually his first start in each level and maybe a couple others.

Bullit 04-14-2019 07:19 PM

I use player lock for my Minor League games. I start with the Pitcher playing a full game as regular. Then I work thru all of the positions using player lock. During this I will play full games rotating with the Starts of each Pitcher in rotation. So I guess that means I play every 6th game fully and every other game in Player Lock.

kinsmen7 04-15-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therebelyell626 (Post 2049752459)
Playoffs only

As foolish as it may sound, I never actually thought about this. If I can't squeeze my Marlins into a wildcard spot (it's still early, but sitting at 12-8), I may do this for late August/playoffs.