Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show 19 Patch 1.08 Available Later This Morning, Patch Notes (/forums/showthread.php?t=950763)

Steve_OS 04-17-2019 04:59 AM

MLB The Show 19 Patch 1.08 Available Later This Morning, Patch Notes

MLB The Show 19 game update 1.08 has arrived today, fixing a couple of miscellaneous issues....

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Jaysguy44 04-17-2019 06:21 AM

Re: MLB The Show 19 Patch 1.08 Available Later This Morning, Patch Notes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_OS (Post 2049755370)
https://theshownation.com/news/9-game-update-1-08-notes

Very small patch.

MISCELLANEOUS
  • Resolved a crash when a user pulls either of the new headliners from the Headliners Set 2 pack (Eloy Jimenez & Fernando Tatis Jr.).
  • Users will now see visual indication of when a collection is completed within the Collection menus.
Game Update 1.08 is set to deploy at 3 AM PT on 4.17.19

I hope the spring training subbing is fixed.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Operation Sports mobile app

OneTonneBaby 04-17-2019 06:40 AM

Doubtful.

Not even a 'minor bug fixes'.

Be good to hear what they are planning on patching or if its just minor adjustments and fixes going forward.

countryboy 04-17-2019 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaysguy44 (Post 2049755381)
I hope the spring training subbing is fixed.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Operation Sports mobile app

I highly doubt it will be with this patch

This is not a gameplay patch and was created to fix a crashing issue. In other words this patch wasn’t planned but became a priority because of the game crashing.

If the spring training bug is fixed, and I believe it will be, it will part of a bigger gameplay patch that will arrive at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Ripner 04-17-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2049755398)
I highly doubt it will be with this patch

This is not a gameplay patch and was created to fix a crashing issue. In other words this patch wasn’t planned but became a priority because of the game crashing.

If the spring training bug is fixed, and I believe it will be, it will part of a bigger gameplay patch that will arrive at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

The Spring Training "bug" has been around since spring training was introduced into the game. I don't think they consider it a bug. The CPU Manager needs an overhaul badly, both for spring training and regular games. They rarely pinch hit, they never use defensive subs to hold a lead, and there are problems with there bullpen usage as well.

countryboy 04-17-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripner (Post 2049755410)
The Spring Training "bug" has been around since spring training was introduced into the game. I don't think they consider it a bug. The CPU Manager needs an overhaul badly, both for spring training and regular games. They rarely pinch hit, they never use defensive subs to hold a lead, and there are problems with there bullpen usage as well.

The spring training bug where they do not substitute position players at all during the game was not in '18 and was not in '16. I didn't play '17 so I don't know if it was in there or not.

KnightTemplar 04-17-2019 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2049755416)
The spring training bug where they do not substitute position players at all during the game was not in '18 and was not in '16. I didn't play '17 so I don't know if it was in there or not.

Yes, it subbed out players last year and if I recall in 17, this is something new to this year.

Ripner 04-17-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightTemplar (Post 2049755467)
Yes, it subbed out players last year and if I recall in 17, this is something new to this year.

Ok, I'm probably wrong then. I hadn't bothered with spring training in many years since it used to not sub out players at all.