Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=494)
-   -   '60s All-Decade Roster (/forums/showthread.php?t=950924)

doncropper 04-19-2019 06:21 PM

'60s All-Decade Roster

Just uploaded the start to the "60s All-Decade" roster set.

First & Foremost - I have to give a BIG Shout-Out to both asantead22 & tommycoa for their masterpieces that started me down this path. I have been modding Baseball Rosters for many years now but never have attempted to venture into Football Rosters until asantead22 shared his (in my opinion Best Roster Ever) All Time Greats roster. Then tommycoa took it to an even higher level by adding his Golden touches to it.

This is for the xBox One and my only regret is not having it on the PS4 as well due to the enjoyment I've gotten for so many years from the Rosters created by such Masters as Capa, Iteachhistory, StormsWarning etc. etc. on that platform.

This Roster is geared toward us Older Guys that remember the '60s and want to revisit them plus for any of the Younger group that wishes to see what the '60s NFL looked like.

This Roster has the initial 3 Teams completed which are the New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers & Kansas City Chiefs.

Each Team consist of the most noted Players for that team during the 60s Decade as well as even a few of my personal favorites perhaps. All Expansion Teams beyond the 1960s will be filled with '60s era players that did not make the 46 Man Active Game Roster of teams that did exist during the '60s.

All players have correct Colleges (when available) & Birth States. Equipment & appearances are matched to actuality as best I could. Ratings are based on a system similar to that used by tommycoa.

Going forward I will update this Roster with the completion of each team until all 32 teams are completed.

Since this is my first venture into Football Rosters I very much would appreciate any and all comments.

tmac747 04-21-2019 04:39 AM

Re: '60s All-Decade Roster

DC, thank you for doing this roster. I am also what you would call an 'old head'. Bring on the hard hitting trailblazers of the game. When football required blood,heart and guts. Bring back the time when the fullback was an important part of the offense. When players new when they hit the field it was all or nothing.I thank you sir for your hard that is to come.

doncropper 04-21-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmac747 (Post 2049759239)
DC, thank you for doing this roster. I am also what you would call an 'old head'. Bring on the hard hitting trailblazers of the game. When football required blood,heart and guts. Bring back the time when the fullback was an important part of the offense. When players new when they hit the field it was all or nothing.I thank you sir for your hard that is to come.

Hey tmac747, Glad you are looking forward to these. I was born in '49 so the '60s were my entire teen years which is my fondest memories of the NFL.
The Baltimore Colts should be uploaded in the next few hours or so. They are really fun to watch with Johnny "U", Lenny Moore, Mackey, Big Daddy Lipscomb & Crew ......
Take Care,
Don

doncropper 04-21-2019 05:44 PM

'60s All-Decade BALTIMORE COLTS are uploaded.

tommycoa 04-21-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doncropper (Post 2049759647)
'60s All-Decade BALTIMORE COLTS are uploaded.

Gonna watch packers/colts when i get home. Can’t wait!!!

tmac747 04-21-2019 11:34 PM

DC, thank you for your upload. I know you will make this roster enjoyable for all.

tommycoa 04-22-2019 02:44 PM

https://mixer.com/haughtypine7723

Streaming Colts/Packers in Super Bowl, Play Now.

tommycoa 04-22-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommycoa (Post 2049760280)
https://mixer.com/haughtypine7723

Streaming Colts/Packers in Super Bowl, Play Now.

Good one brewing here. Packers lead 14-10 late second quarter. Jim Taylor keeps making big play after big play and Johnny U. Seems to have an answer.

Seen a sweet play on 3 and 2 where colts lined up in 4 wrs with Johnny under center, he motioned Lenny Moore out to wr and emptied back field, then ran a qb draw for four yards and a first down to keep the drive alive. Seen some great animations in the game.