Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   What happened to customized stadium sounds? (/forums/showthread.php?t=950965)

GisherJohn24 04-20-2019 04:57 PM

What happened to customized stadium sounds?

If I have one issue with next gen, why can’t we have customized stAdium sounds that was a staple on the 360 and ps3. On ps4 it can be done, look at mlb the Show... something is wish people would talk more about. Using your own songs and chants was awesome .

wrestlinggod1 04-20-2019 05:50 PM

Re: What happened to customized stadium sounds?

I'm not sure, but I wish they would bring it back. I remember the days of downloading files on here that people created with tonsss of sounds. It was great.

Schnoodle321 04-20-2019 06:17 PM

3 things 2k just haven’t managed to be able to get right this gen....sound, lighting and scale-both player and accessory.
Hoping this changes for next gen

Junior Moe 04-21-2019 04:03 PM

For whatever reason, the consoles this gen didn't support it the same way they did last gen. Not unless they changed it, we still can't rip music files to the consoles directly like we could with the 360 and PS3. In The Show, it's done in game and not from the console so it's possible. I just hope the next gen consoles allow us to easily RIP music again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

GisherJohn24 04-22-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junior Moe (Post 2049759563)
For whatever reason, the consoles this gen didn't support it the same way they did last gen. Not unless they changed it, we still can't rip music files to the consoles directly like we could with the 360 and PS3. In The Show, it's done in game and not from the console so it's possible. I just hope the next gen consoles allow us to easily RIP music again.

going backwards! disappointing!

BA2929 04-22-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1 (Post 2049758827)
I'm not sure, but I wish they would bring it back. I remember the days of downloading files on here that people created with tonsss of sounds. It was great.

Yea, it was great. And also 100% illegal if they were using copyrighted materials in their uploads.

It is illegal to copy music to distribute it to others.

Stadium sounds went away because of this exactly. Companies don't want to get sued because users are trading songs over their games and services.

micole 04-23-2019 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BA2929 (Post 2049760730)
Yea, it was great. And also 100% illegal if they were using copyrighted materials in their uploads.

Stadium sounds went away because of this exactly. Companies don't want to get sued because users are trading songs over their games and services.

Tell that to Mlb 19 they Been having custom music option for the whole series.

Junior Moe 04-23-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BA2929 (Post 2049760730)

I still have that NBA2K12 sound pack on my PS3. It took a minute to set everything up, but man it added to the atmosphere. I never thought about the copyright issue, though. I wonder how much that did or didn't factor into the PS4 and XB1 not allowing us to rip music to the systems.