Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Hockey (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   NHL 2019 Offseason Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=951168)

Majingir 04-23-2019 09:52 PM

NHL 2019 Offseason Thread

Welcome losers. Let's build up more false hope next year in our final season before the lockout.

Or wipe our memories of this past season and pretend everything will be ok like we've done so often before.

Fiddy 04-24-2019 09:29 AM

Re: NHL 2019 Offseason Thread

Is it September yet?

Majingir 04-25-2019 12:25 PM

Hows this for "recycling coaches". Jacques Martin is a candidate for Sens and Sabres.

Been an assistant with Pens for years, but hasn't been a head coach since the 11/12 season. Will be 67 next season, and his first head coaching game in the NHL was in 1986 (coached Gilmour BEFORE he was in Calgary/Toronto. His star goalie is now HNIC commentator Greg Millen. And majority of guys on Sabres/Sens weren't in the NHL when he last was a head coach.)

pietasterp 05-01-2019 12:58 PM

How about recycling players?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ng/3638027002/

I love Dats as much as anyone, but a 41-year-old with tons of mileage is the exact opposite of what the Wings need at this point.

Majingir 05-02-2019 03:30 PM

I'm sure by July we'll have heard every possible theory imaginable regarding what Leafs plans should be.

Most interesting/video game like one:
-Leafs let Marner sign elsewhere as an RFA (and get the 4 firsts for him)
-Leafs then sign Panarin AND Karlsson (20M combined?)
-They then dump the contracts of Zaistev and Marleau (10.7M) by attaching a 1st
-Deal Kadri/Brown(6.6M) in regular deals

They'd still have around 10M in cap space to re-sign Kapanen/Johnsson and add two 3rd line dmen(AHL). All while still having an extra first or 2 from the Marner compensation in their pocket for a future move.

Top 2 lines ends up:
Panarin-Tavares-Nylander
Kapanen-Matthews-Johnsson

Rielly-Karlsson
Muzzin-Dermott

Now, back to reality....

rdnk 05-03-2019 06:55 PM

Rumor has it that Edmonton is willing to give Kenny Holland full control. If I'm Holland, as interesting as Seattle might be, building around McDavid might be even better. If I'm an Edmonton fan, while the game has passed Holland by, they can and have done much worse.

IlliniM1ke 05-04-2019 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdnk (Post 2049771655)
Rumor has it that Edmonton is willing to give Kenny Holland full control. If I'm Holland, as interesting as Seattle might be, building around McDavid might be even better. If I'm an Edmonton fan, while the game has passed Holland by, they can and have done much worse.

That inspires confidence, and yes they have done worse but going for a GM that the game has passed by would send a great message to McDavid.

Over under on how many years before he asks for a trade?

Wouldn’t mind seeing him reunited with a couple of his linemates from Erie.

Money99 05-04-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniM1ke (Post 2049771907)
That inspires confidence, and yes they have done worse but going for a GM that the game has passed by would send a great message to McDavid.

Over under on how many years before he asks for a trade?

Wouldn’t mind seeing him reunited with a couple of his linemates from Erie.

I hope after this next season when the Oilers don’t make the playoffs again.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports