Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   MyLeague scoring averages (/forums/showthread.php?t=951200)

FadeawayJay 04-24-2019 03:59 PM

MyLeague scoring averages

I love doing control all teams MyLeagues, and I'm big on realism and immersion. That immersion kind of gets killed when I see unrealistic averages. Especially superstar scorers averaging about 21 PPG... Guys like Embiid, Durant and Curry will, especially in the first season, average 21-23max PPG. In one MyLeague i managed to micromanage the rosters enough to change that a couple of seasons down the line, but do you guys know of any ways of tinkering with their tendencies in order to make these guys average at least 25 PPG, without separating Embiid from Simmons, or separating Curry from Durant? In real life, all three averages 26-27 PPG this season.

youALREADYknow 04-24-2019 04:13 PM

Re: MyLeague scoring averages

Download a good custom roster and you should see realistic averages in MyLeague. Check the Rosters forum for some examples on both consoles.

This game is garbage in, garbage out. Most of the offline issues with this game are related to rosters or MyLeague bugs.

FadeawayJay 04-25-2019 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youALREADYknow (Post 2049762466)
Download a good custom roster and you should see realistic averages in MyLeague. Check the Rosters forum for some examples on both consoles.

This game is garbage in, garbage out. Most of the offline issues with this game are related to rosters or MyLeague bugs.

I already use CelticLG's roster, with some of my own edits, and in general I see good averages. But if Embiid plays with Simmons, it's very rare for him to average more that 22 PPG. Same goes for KD and Curry.

nova91 04-25-2019 02:29 AM

In mine I use Rashidi’s edits and Curry usually averages around 25 ppg while Durant usually averages 27+ ppg. You’re right about the Embiid/Simmons combo, Simmons is a way more effective scorer in game than his real life counterpart averaging 20+ ppg and almost 10 apg in most seasons and Embiid sits around 20-21 ppg consistently. The big difference I see is in the Paul/Harden combo though with Paul averaging about 20 and Harden averaging 25ish a lot of the time. Also LeBron with anyone, his stats are consistently low in almost all categories regardless of who he’s playing with.

youALREADYknow 04-25-2019 07:51 AM

You could be dealing with the impact of injuries/rotations not playing out like they have in real life with some teams. Are you using rosters as of today or starting from the preseason rosters?

Simming a season with Cousins playing for the entire season changes the Warriors shot distribution. Here are the real per game averages with him on the floor this season:
Curry w/ Cousins ON: 23.6 PPG
Durant w/ Cousins ON: 23.3 PPG

I haven't had any problems with PPG in MyLeague for stars, but I'm also detailed about injuries and keeping rotations balanced.

Even without adjusting for injuries you should see Harden, Steph, LeBron, and other stars consistently above 25 PPG in simmed seasons. The distribution of shots or minutes on those teams isn't correct if you're not seeing at least 25 PPG.

Most of my simmed seasons have Harden at 32-35 PPG, Steph at 27-30 PPG, Durant at 25-28 PPG, LeBron at 26-29 PPG, and Embiid at 24-27 PPG. Start with a good roster and evaluate how you're setting up MyLeague.