Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Sudden Sound Glitch (/forums/showthread.php?t=951215)

LilLefty34 04-24-2019 07:11 PM

Sudden Sound Glitch

Sorry if I didn’t rake through threads looking for this but me and my brother both have noticed out of absolutely nowhere there is zero sound of the bat hitting the ball, no sound of the ball hitting the glove and zero umpire voice sounds whatsoever. anyone else notice this

Kotter 04-24-2019 08:23 PM

Re: Sudden Sound Glitch

Haven't experienced this myself, but it sounds a little similar to a graphical issue I would have with 18 on occasion. I found out that it was an issue with me not closing out of the application frequently enough (I would always just put it in rest mode).

Now I close out of the app and open it back up every once in awhile.

May not be the same as your issue but it may help to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

LilLefty34 04-24-2019 08:44 PM

I thought the same exact thing. I have been doing rest mode forever. I think I had an issue last year. So I restarted my ps4 and re opened the app and same thing

NolanRyansSnowmonkey 04-24-2019 09:08 PM

Really strange if you rebooted and it was the same. Makes me wonder if it's an audio channel / speaker setting on the sound system or the tv. I wonder what would happen if you used the earphone jack on the controller?

Im certain you have already gone to Audio Options and made sure Sound Effects Volume didn't get turned down accidentally... But do you hear the 'bat' sound when adjusting the Sound Effects slider?

Just seems odd it would only be game sounds. So you hear the Music, Crowd, and PA or commentary, just not on-field sounds?

Drty_Windshield 04-24-2019 09:13 PM

I've never had this happen, but I remember a few people said the same thing somewhere here on the forums shortly after the game released so you're not alone.

LilLefty34 04-25-2019 12:19 AM

Yeah I went into the sound settings and heard the bat. The fact it’s happening to my brother who also is using rest mode tells me that’s likely the culprit if it isn’t happening to a bunch of people. Might just delete the app and re install