Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football PC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=687)
-   -   NECTAR vs Rebirth? (/forums/showthread.php?t=951266)

happyloaf 04-25-2019 04:13 PM

NECTAR vs Rebirth?

I cannot seem to find any decent comparisons between NECTAR and Rebirth. They both seem to solve the base game's issues but it seems like NECTAR is more focused on online franchise where as Rebirth is better for offline?

Does anyone have a quick overview on the differences between the two?

TheBleedingRed21 04-25-2019 05:51 PM

Re: NECTAR vs Rebirth?

Sabos is for simulation play with no edits outside gameplay, personally use this and enjoy it much more (Missed throws, etc)

Nectar is more competitive based (arcade based IMO) and includes many many edits to other aspects that may or may not be desireable (read his notes to see what’s affected)

Darth Aegis 04-25-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyloaf (Post 2049763564)
I cannot seem to find any decent comparisons between NECTAR and Rebirth. They both seem to solve the base game's issues but it seems like NECTAR is more focused on online franchise where as Rebirth is better for offline?

Does anyone have a quick overview on the differences between the two?

I honestly think it's a horse apiece. I would just try both and see which one you like better. You can go into each one & see the differences. Sabo, touched the legacy files so you get a little bit better playcalling from the CPU & fg logic.

happyloaf 04-25-2019 07:09 PM

I've Sabo's and I really like it. Some of the animations feel a bit jerky but I think that is madden being madden. I've happy with it and Nectar seems like more of a pain to install. I'm mostly going to exhibition and maybe start an offline franchise.

Willchillz 04-25-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21 (Post 2049763666)
Sabos is for simulation play with no edits outside gameplay, personally use this and enjoy it much more (Missed throws, etc)

Nectar is more competitive based (arcade based IMO) and includes many many edits to other aspects that may or may not be desireable (read his notes to see what’s affected)

id reply to this but a ban hammer is guaranteed.
what might be desirable about this whole sight if you weren't a cancer to it - but hey you along with the 99.9999% of the madden community is the reason this game never has to update every year so I could give two ****s what you actually think in regards to actual NFL. Let me know when you or a single head complains about things in specifics, rather than **** out of your mouth. Good luck with that - that is what marketing looks for. therefore lack of.

edit: Missed throws? Unless you had a hot hand for like 100 passes in a row in some games you probably lost your job, guranteed - and probably need to complete 1000 in a row just to see the field - those contracts have fine print for a reason. and usually and most teams are already looking for another QB. Not to mention "facility" costs out of paycheck, nevermind the big numbers. But wtf am I talking about with you anyways, thats the mass. you have it out for anyone that remotely has a brain and simply tries to refute your knowledgelessness of all matters.

Willchillz 04-25-2019 07:45 PM

right.
back to this head ***/dead *** site.
sticky that **** - college mod in the madden nfl section.

**** it.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 04-27-2019 06:31 AM

I like both.

One thing Nectar does that I really like is changing some actual assignments of players. For example his adjustments to WR screens are such an improvement over vanilla that I doubt I can run one anymore with satisfaction. Another thing I like a lot with this mod is player movement. IMHO it is a huge upgrade on that.

The best things I like about Revival is that teams will use much more of their playbooks now, and there is less ridiculous collision. With slider adjustments Revival gameplay is very balanced and feels organic.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 04-27-2019 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21 (Post 2049763666)

I think both of them improve the sim quality in certain ways. Nectar depends more on user input, but it definitely improves the simulation side of some things, such as player assignments and movement.

I don’t think it is accurate to pigeonhole one as sim and one as arcade. They just tackle different things.